Haupia Malasadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haupia Malasadas

Made fresh from Leonard's Malasadas.....I am in heaven!!! That's all I have to say about that!

Re: Haupia Malasadas

I "haupia" like it.

Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

ooh, that sounds 'ono'. my mouth is watering just thinking of it....oh dear..

slobber...slobber, drip, drip!
      sigpic

Comment

Someone else markets them as "Puff-a-sadas." Vanilla, chocolate, and haupia centers. Haupia is oh, so G...O...O...D! Positively sinful!

Comment

Is haupia more like a custard or a pudding? Is it traditionally coconut? Dang, I can't wait to eat some new foods!
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            Is haupia more like a custard or a pudding? Is it traditionally coconut? Dang, I can't wait to eat some new foods!
            I guess in the case of filled malasadas, more like a coconut flavored custard.
            It's usually made stovetop in a pan then poured into a baking pan and cooled. Then it's sliced into squares for serving. More like a jello? They use corn starch to firm it up when cooled. Good haupia depends on who makes it. It can get really starchy if not made right.

Comment

Komoda Bakery in Makawao also makes those, plus lilikoi and guava filled ones, too. Ono to da max.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

oh no. I did not hear the words "haupia" and "malasada" in the same sentence. I'm in so much trouble now.
                "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by modpirate View Post
                  oh no. I did not hear the words "haupia" and "malasada" in the same sentence. I'm in so much trouble now.
                  ...an you odea, not ohea.

I tease, but I'm kind of a purist. I like my malasadas plain'ol, plain'ol with light sugar. If I'm ono for a filled pastry, I get one that's supposed to be filled, like a long john from Champion Bakery or a cream puff from Beard Papa or a black sugar or apple filled donut from Kilani Bakery..........BUT, if filled malasadas is all there is, I wouldn't turn one down.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                    I tease, but I'm kind of a purist. I like my malasadas plain'ol, plain'ol with light sugar.
                    Me too, but there's a guy in the Seattle area who also makes 'em with haupia filling, or chocolate, or berry jam...mmmmmm. Miulang knows. And when the weather gets warmer here, he'll be cooking them up again on weekend mornings, I'll bet.

Comment

ho, first haupia pie from McDs, now haupia malasadas.

What next? haupia filled donuts? (I know... )
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                      X