RIP Tom Poston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tom Poston

Character Actor Tom Poston is dead at 85...
    LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tom Poston, the tall, pasty-faced comic who found fame and fortune playing a clueless everyman on such hit television shows as "Newhart" and "Mork and Mindy," has died. He was 85.

Poston, who was married to Suzanne Pleshette of "The Bob Newhart Show," died Monday night at home after a brief illness, a family representative, Tanner Gibson, said Tuesday. The nature of his illness was not disclosed.
    I always thought he was a funny man

SOURCE
    Attached Files
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: RIP Tom Poston

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    Character Actor Tom Poston is dead at 85...I always thought he was a funny man

SOURCE
    Wow, he was married to Susanne Pleshette...who knew? I thought she was Bob Newhart's wife

At least he got to 85...seems like the celebs don't live as long as most folks.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

That makes me sad. I have great Tom Poston memories; seated on a bus for 3 hours waiting for a driving rain to let up so we could get back to work. Imagine being a captive audience for Tom, Louie Nye and Doodles Weaver! Whatta 3 hours that was!!! RIP, Tom, and thanks for the memories...and the laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        Wow, he was married to Susanne Pleshette...who knew? I thought she was Bob Newhart's wife

Tom was a great joy in the TV Circuit arena and yeah I was suprised that he was married to Suzanne

Not that it was a bad thing but kinda makes ya think ur behind on your whos married to whom in celebworld.

Anyone remember the finale of "Newhart"?!?
        I thought it was cute that Bob woke up (I may be describing this worng cause its been awhile anyways) and found two wives in bed with him. The actress that played his TV Wife on Newhart and good ol Suzanne who played his TV Wife from "The Bob Newhart Show......

Nice way to go out with a bang and not to stray off.....

R.I.P. Tom

Comment

Too bad, I was a big fan
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
            Tom was a great joy in the TV Circuit arena and yeah I was suprised that he was married to Suzanne

Not that it was a bad thing but kinda makes ya think ur behind on your whos married to whom in celebworld.

Anyone remember the finale of "Newhart"?!?
            I thought it was cute that Bob woke up (I may be describing this worng cause its been awhile anyways) and found two wives in bed with him. The actress that played his TV Wife on Newhart and good ol Suzanne who played his TV Wife from "The Bob Newhart Show......

Nice way to go out with a bang and not to stray off.....

R.I.P. Tom
            RE: NEWHART

He woke up and remarked to his wife that he just had a dream about running a lodge. His wife turned out to be "Emily Hartley" (Suzanne Pleshette) from THE BOB NEWHART SHOW. So, NEWHART was just a dream .........

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
              RE: NEWHART

He woke up and remarked to his wife that he just had a dream about running a lodge. His wife turned out to be "Emily Hartley" (Suzanne Pleshette) from THE BOB NEWHART SHOW. So, NEWHART was just a dream .........

ahhhhhhhh yeah thats how it went

Like I said it's been awhile since I have seen the FINALE

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                Wow, he was married to Susanne Pleshette...who knew?
                Was news to me too but when I checked on Tom's entry on IMDb they have only been married since 2001.

For me his most memorable role was playing George in Newhart.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  [...]For me his most memorable role was playing George in Newhart.
                  I loved watching him on the old Steve Allen show...great stuff. After that, he did a lot of game shows. That was the era he was in when I had the pleasure of working with him.

As a very minor piece of trivia...the mother of a friend of mine dates a man who could be Poston's twin; not much difference in age, even. Max gets stopped on the street for autographs. It will be interesting to see how people react to him once it's common knowledge that Poston passed on.

Comment

Working...
                  X