Haumea Ho at the Waikiki Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haumea Ho at the Waikiki Shell

On hot939 this morning, they were talking about Kimo Kahoano (sp?) singing, and with a woman (forgot her name) drunk on stage.

I'm just laughing during the wake up crew's story, how she fell down on stage multiple times.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: May Day @ waikiki shell

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    On hot939 this morning, they were talking about Kimo Kahoano (sp?) singing, and with a woman (forgot her name) drunk on stage.

I'm just laughing during the wake up crew's story, how she fell down on stage multiple times.
    There was a sad part of the program too, when Haumea Ho (Don's wife)danced hula to "I'll Remember You" and collapsed onstage (she was OK later on).

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; May 2, 2007, 08:49 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

That is such a magical show. Too bad it was disrespected in that manner.
      Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      There was a sad part of the program too, when Haumea Ho (Don's wife)danced hula to "I'll Remember You" and collapsed onstage (she was OK later on).

Miulang
      Bless Haumea's heart for even appearing. What an overwhelming time this must be for her.

Comment

Miulang
        According to the wake up crew, she was drunk.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Ummm...they really said that on the air?

Comment

As someone who was there, this is absolutely true. The crowd was silent during her "performance", because we were embarrassed for her and the memory of the great Don Ho. Total disgrace. I don't know WHY they let her go out there!

Comment

just backing up what paul79 said. it is true that it was HH who was dancing drunk and she didn't fall just once during her "performance". it's very unfortunate.
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'm sure it was embarrassing for everyone concerned (including the Ho family). But the DJs didn't have to amplify the public humiliation of a grieving family by making fun of her in the way they did (there were mentions in some blogs too).

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sure it was embarrassing for everyone concerned (including the Ho family). But the DJs didn't have to amplify the public humiliation of a grieving family by making fun of her in the way they did (there were mentions in some blogs too).

Miulang
                  Well said...I have to agree.

<with Pollyanna hat on> Might there be a chance that HH was on medication(s) to help her thru the initial stages of her grief? Just a thought... </end Pollyanna-ness!>

I ask because I had a director in my office a few months ago...one who doesn't drink or do drugs...who had been quite ill and put on new meds. He had a reaction to them during the casting session. His side effects were that he appeared both totally stoned and drunk. It was very scary.

Comment

From what I hear, Mrs. Ho has quite a reputation for loving her alcohol and getting toasted

I dont know what the circumstances were backstage before she went out, but the stage manager should get all the blame for letting her go out in her condition.

DD
                    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

i doubt any of the local tv stations said anything about it out of respect for don's memory and i'm sure it'll soon become a distant memory...
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                        From what I hear, Mrs. Ho has quite a reputation for loving her alcohol and getting toasted

I dont know what the circumstances were backstage before she went out, but the stage manager should get all the blame for letting her go out in her condition.

DD

hits DD on the head..... i think you should delete your first sentence. it is so very unecessary. and besides what did that accomplish?????

*KAPAK*

Comment

Huh oh! I feel a Kimo55/Maddy moment comin' on!

Comment

Re: Haumea Ho at the Waikiki Shell

The Advertiser decided to report the incident, but simply said she collapsed and let folks read between the lines.

Don and Haumea were a symbiotic team for many many years. I can't imagine what she's going through. Cut her some slack. Most of us get to grieve in private.
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Re: Haumea Ho at the Waikiki Shell

I agree. Someone who loses a loved one can do whatever.
                              It's Kimo K's behavior that I question. Heard all kinds of rumors of
                              what was said on the mike that night by Robert Cazimero. Too bad
                              for them all on a special evening such as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X