Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "50 Simple Things to Malama 'Aina", rev. edition

Revised edition of the book is now out:

Most of the tips in "50 Simple Things" won't be news to Hawai'i folks who are actively conscious of their impact on the environment. This is a primer, a place to start for folks who are looking for a clue. But even hardened environmentalists may find a few useful tips.

The book doesn't require you go live in a tree. These are supportable, workable suggestions for residents of modern Hawai'i.

...The book has, in fact, far more than 50 suggestions, since most of the 50 "things" list several ideas. "50 Simple Things" also includes Web sites where you can find more information, and it has several tightly written chapters at the end that provide extra detail on specific environmental issues.
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: "50 Simple Things to Malama 'Aina", rev. edition

Here are some of my favorite things that I see being done in Hawaii to Malama Aina.

Green glass broken into the rocks at the beach.
    Ciggy Butts that come flying out the window of cars. (and other trash)
    Roadside dumps in rural areas.
    Rural junkyards, owned by tow companies, with hundreds of "melting" cars.
    Protesters who resist grade separation (overpasses) in our Kona roadways.
    Activists who demand low-density development, and building height restrictions, in order to promote Urban Sprawl, and protect "the View".

I realize that these infractions are perpetrated mostly by tourists.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
    X