Japan's messed up criminal justice system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan's messed up criminal justice system

man, i was shocked by this article! i lived there for 10 years and loved it but this is absolutely inexcusable!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/11/wo...hp&oref=slogin

i had no idea that this kind of insanity was/is going on!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: japan's messed up criminal justice system

Funny how their detective dramas on KIKU all depict the policemen and detectives as always looking for physical evidence. They even aired their own version of CSI. Either this is not a wide spread practice or they have their own version of Hollyweird.

Comment

Re: japan's messed up criminal justice system

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
      Funny how their detective dramas on KIKU all depict the policemen and detectives as always looking for physical evidence. They even aired their own version of CSI. Either this is not a wide spread practice or they have their own version of Hollyweird.
      I've never seen an American "lawyer show" where one or all of the lawyers tries to use their influence or tries to bribe the judge, etc. They actually rely on their arguments. Take the short lived "Justice" series starring Victor Garber, for instance

I suppose KIKU needs a police show where the accused are questioned Jack Bauer style!

Comment

Re: Japan's messed up criminal justice system

of course, to be fair, we have to acknowledge that that kind of "police work" is not unique to japan. it happens here and in other countries as well. what's shocking to me, however, is the supposed/reported attitude of the police regarding their means of securing a confession! absolutely insane!
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
        X