• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead

Awful news!

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...083694752.html

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=5820
    Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; May 11, 2007, 05:32 PM.

Re: Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead

Sorry for the redundant post. I didn't realize that this news was already posted in the Don Ho thread.

Comment

What a sad chain of events for the Ho family. Praying for them.

Comment

What's really kinda spooky is Dayna was the one who was in the water, swimming alongside the canoe that carried her stepmom out to sea for the ash scattering ceremony, and who was caught by the Advertiser photographer holding onto Haumea's hand right after Don's ashes had been placed in the ocean. Chicken skin kine moment for me.
        Sadly, friends report Dayna died from a drug overdose.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; May 12, 2007, 08:56 AM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          What's really kinda spooky is Dayna was the one who was in the water, swimming alongside the canoe that carried her stepmom out to sea for the ash scattering ceremony, and who was caught by the Advertiser photographer holding onto Haumea's hand right after Don's ashes had been placed in the ocean. Chicken skin kine moment for me.

Miulang
          Ugh...drug overdose....
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

It remains to be seen whether the overdose was intentional or accidental.

I am hoping it was accidental...

Comment

I gave myself a very long timeout after reading what you wrote, Miulang, but I am still incredibly angry about your gossipy, malicious post!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you?!? What so-called "friend" told you that horrible rumor? Cite your source, dammit, or retract your comment immediately!
              I live on O`ahu and have a very close friend who works in the upper echelon of the medical examiner's office here. Dayna's autopsy will be performed on Monday, so how dare you repeat baseless gossip that some "friend" told you about an overdose?!?
              Dayna was the one who kept the rest of the Ho family together over the years, the one they could all turn to. Don't you think the Ho family has been through enough without despicable and hateful rumors like the one you're spreading around?
              You live in Seattle and have continually displayed a pathological need to try to show that you know more than those of us here in the islands.
              If you have any conscience whatsoever, Miulang, either cite your source or else post an apology and then give yourself a multi-week hiatus from HawaiiThreads.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

My understanding was that it was a drug overdose, too. I found out about her death on KITV's Friday night broadcast, and the statement stood out.
                Ho-Henry died early on Friday morning at a friend's house in Waialua, where she had been staying after her father's death, family members said. Sources said Ho died of a drug overdose.
                It seemed an unusual thing to say, citing only "sources," but obviously someone at KITV felt confident enough to broadcast it.

Most of the stories online about her death are the same AP wire story, which notes the lack of details beyond "unattended death."

Either way, it's a tragic tragedy upon tragedy for the Ho family.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  I gave myself a very long timeout after reading what you wrote, Miulang, but I am still incredibly angry about your gossipy, malicious post!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you?!? What so-called "friend" told you that horrible rumor? Cite your source, dammit, or retract your comment immediately!
                  I live on O`ahu and have a very close friend who works in the upper echelon of the medical examiner's office here. Dayna's autopsy will be performed on Monday, so how dare you repeat baseless gossip that some "friend" told you about an overdose?!?
                  Dayna was the one who kept the rest of the Ho family together over the years, the one they could all turn to. Don't you think the Ho family has been through enough without despicable and hateful rumors like the one you're spreading around?
                  You live in Seattle and have continually displayed a pathological need to try to show that you know more than those of us here in the islands.
                  If you have any conscience whatsoever, Miulang, either cite your source or else post an apology and then give yourself a multi-week hiatus from HawaiiThreads.

As PZ said, was on the KITV website from about midafternoon today, and it's still there.
                  Last edited by Miulang; May 12, 2007, 07:40 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

As PZ said, was on the KITV website from about midafternoon today.
                    No, you're wrong AGAIN, Miulang! Click on Ryan's link and you'll see that KITV posted it YESTERDAY, Friday, May 11, not today. How many more mistakes do you intend to make? Do you not remember someone else chastising you the other day when you "reported" that 100 smoking citations were written, and you were absolutely wrong about that too?
                    Further, KITV removed the OD nonsense from all broadcasts after they discovered that their 'source' was in error.
                    And I remind you, Miulang, that your original post said "Sadly, friends report Dayna died from a drug overdose." and I ask you again to cite those "friends". Are you now saying you saw it on KITV and forgot to cite them? I didn't know their signal reached you there in Seattle. And their one-time report said "sources", not "friends". I ask you again to cite your sources, your so-called friends.
                    Lastly, even if the rumor were true, why on earth do you feel a need to spread gossip and attack someone who just died?!? Are you proud of yourself?

PS: Dayna left behind two children.
                    Is anyone proud of this OD crap being posted as a Mother's Day attack?

Comment

This thread shouldn't have even been started. It was already discussed in the Aloha 'Oe, Don Ho: 1930-2007 thread, and should have been kept low key within there. Not a story in and of itself, left full of speculation and gossip. Out of respect for the Ho ohana.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        This thread shouldn't have even been started. It was already discussed in the Aloha 'Oe, Don Ho: 1930-2007 thread, and should have been kept low key within there. Not a story in and of itself, left full of speculation and gossip. Out of respect for the Ho ohana.
                        Indeed. Thanks for speaking up, Pomai.
                        I was going to request that Ryan remove this entire thread, but we can't un-ring this bell. Miulang's post has already been read and seen by too many people, and was dicussed -- angrily -- at various public events today, according to someone here who hopefully will chime in to confirm that.
                        Too late to remove the thread, but not too late at all for people to give their opinion of it.

Comment

It was I and Beau who discussed wat Miulang had written. I couldn't find it in the Media at the time she posted her comment and was shocked. We discussed how devastated the family must be. Death brings pain to any Ohana. Do Ho's Ohana is going through so much...let us respect and give them Privacy.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The powers-that-be at KITV weren't available over the weekend, but they did respond to me very early this morning. Take a look now at the link to the story that was posted here earlier and you'll see it was updated at 7:36 this morning and the FALSE INFORMATION has been completely removed.
                            Victory for the good guys. Shame on the rumor-mongers. Peace to the Ho family.

Comment

LikaNui - I too, am saddened by Dayna's untimely death...but sad as it may be, my sources also tell me that it was a drug overdose. Truth be told, Dayna was a great person, and trying to sweep the cause of death under a rug is not going to help anyone/anything....Drug use is rampant on the North Shore, and until we stop turning the other cheek, it will continue to takeover our loved ones. My best to the ohana.....

Comment

Working...
                              X