Battle for the Soul of Capitalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle for the Soul of Capitalism

My man, my first love, the only geriatric booty call I would wake out of a long-deserved slumber for, Mr Jack Bogle has done it. Wrote the zinger to zing all zingers. This man talked me out of becoming a CFP over ten years ago because that industry is rife with greedy ba$tards and here was a man who bravely demonstrated an ethic to which I could aspire.

If you are a right-brained dittohead like I am, if your inner quant tweaks on how human nature affects the parabola on the macro, of if you just care about how capitalism, in its maturing stage as a practiced economic theory is jumping the shark-- and it bugs you-- then do pick up a copy of the Battle for the Soul of Capitalism.

I *heart* Jack Bogle. He is everything I admire in an intelligent and moral gentleman.

pax

Re: Battle for the Soul of Capitalism

Yes, the business is all about sales, fees, and commissions. That's why I too was considering being a financial advisor but ended up not doing it. You're integrity (heart) got in your way too huh PM? It's worth more than gold, it's priceless.

I never read any of John Bogle's books, though what he says is the truth. Only a handful of mutual fund managers consistently beat the S&P 500 index. I know a few people who got seriously hurt after the hi-tech NASDAQ bubble burst. They would have been better off following Bogle's advice. I'll admit he did more to help educate the average joe investor than my man, Warren Buffett did. So my hat's off to him.

Comment

Working...
    X