Eating makes life great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating makes life great!

After 5 months of strict dieting and excercising. I finally got to enjoy myself at a family Luau instead of just watching people eat.

So here I am in all my glory living it up and savoring every bite!

A picture is worth a 1000 words and I am a happy man once again!

Re: Eating makes life great!

An you are so cute, too!

How much weight have you lost?
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations... yeah how much did you lose?

OT: I clicked on yer link... nice art work. Looking at the other pics I was surprised to see one of Sam "Pineapple Man" havent seen him in a long while...

Comment

I lost 40 lbs since January.

My doctor scolds me and told me that at my age it is not good to put my body through that extreme diet just to do shows. In 2003, I lost a toall of 60 lbs. coming from 210 lbs, all the way to 150 lbs.

I have super slow metabolism and I love to eat.

But let me tell you, there are so much health problems with loosing weight the way I approached it. The high protein diet I was on was hell. Chciken breast and egg whites are the worst for digestion and I ran into major problems there. Whatever they tell you about diets, You need carbs to digest, think, and to burn as fuel. I lost my car keys twice in a week, and locked them in my truck just because of no carbs, The brain is a muscle and needs carbs.

Dehydration from doing to much cardio and sometimes getting too busy in my day and forgetting to drink my minimun of a gallon of water a day. When you work out and loose water I was spposed to double what I lost. started cramping and all sorts of things went wrong.

My doctor told me that by yoyoing in weight I can damage my thyroid and will end up being over weight the rest of my life.

Although I ran into a few problems, It was nice to fit into a pair of 29 inch waist Levi's , See the happy children faces from behind the Kikaida mask,receive a few sexy smiles from the beautiful ladies , and then finally to have a deeper appreciation of all foods!

I must credit everyone from this blog for keeping my hopes up with their colorful discussion on food. Coming here and reading the posts and recently contributing has kept me focused during my diet. The topic of food became an obsession and interesting new hobby.

It is the long weekend , time to make something good to eat and enjoy it like I never did before!

Have a great weekend , enjoy the food, Eating makes life great!

Your friend Layne

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
          Congratulations... yeah how much did you lose?

OT: I clicked on yer link... nice art work. Looking at the other pics I was surprised to see one of Sam "Pineapple Man" havent seen him in a long while...
          Hi Cezanne

You are one of my favorite french post impressionist painters! Thanks for the compliment on my strange type of artwork.

Yes, that was Sam, a good guy and a friend , he is also a very talented artist. I butt heads with him and go through artistic differences at times. I think even Jason does the same with him, Three artists together are not peas in a pod...

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            An you are so cute, too!

How much weight have you lost?

Susie

I just noticed your from France, Bonjour!
            I have two friends living there in Paris. One of them is like a sister to me and keeps in touch. I know for one thing, when your night, we are day!

French food is great!

merci de votre commentaire aimable et voyez-vous autour de ces piècessincèrement votre ami

Layne

Comment

Originally posted by Hilo Artist View Post
              I must credit everyone from this blog for keeping my hopes up with their colorful discussion on food.
              Layne, Congratulations on your weight loss! HawaiiThreads.com is not a Blog. It is a Public Forum. There is a big difference.

If you're interested in having a Blog, I'm shua Ryan, Cameron or I can make you one foa FREE.

Blogging is FuN!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Susie

I just noticed your from France, Bonjour!
                I have two friends living there in Paris. One of them is like a sister to me and keeps in touch. I know for one thing, when your night, we are day!

French food is great!

merci de votre commentaire aimable et voyez-vous autour de ces piècessincèrement votre ami

Layne
                OMG! Cute AND speaks French, too! If I weren't an old lady....

Tell your friends that they are welcome to come down to the SW and vist, we'll take them for a tour in our nifty camper...we're not too far from Biarritz, where the water is cold and the waves are a different shape from the ones at home.

www.rogerhallett.com This is where we live...click on the picture and it goes round and round, don't go too fast, or you'll get dizzy.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  Layne, Congratulations on your weight loss! HawaiiThreads.com is not a Blog. It is a Public Forum. There is a big difference.

If you're interested in having a Blog, I'm shua Ryan, Cameron or I can make you one foa FREE.

Blogging is FuN!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                  Hi Auntie Lynn

Ekala mai, Please pardon my ignorance. But I still dont know the difference from a blog and public forum, please educate me and explain. Mahalo's!
                  Can you still share pictures through blogs?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
                  Layne da Hilo artist

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                    OMG! Cute AND speaks French, too! If I weren't an old lady....

Tell your friends that they are welcome to come down to the SW and vist, we'll take them for a tour in our nifty camper...we're not too far from Biarritz, where the water is cold and the waves are a different shape from the ones at home.

www.rogerhallett.com This is where we live...click on the picture and it goes round and round, don't go too fast, or you'll get dizzy.

belles peintures ! Merci d'envoyer ce lien

Comment

Hi Auntie Lynn

Ekala mai, Please pardon my ignorance. But I still dont know the difference from a blog and public forum, please educate me and explain. Mahalo's!
                      Can you still share pictures through blogs?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
                      Layne da Hilo artist
                      Layne, Everybody starts out not knowing. I started out worse! I neba know NUTTIN. Even the use of punctuations and how to spell were agony! They still are.

Blogging is wat you make of it. It is "Your Story!" Try look on dis thread of several member's Blogs. http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10376

Public Forums is juss dat. A place where members come OnLine and share opinions and sometimes Fight!!!hahahaha

We get some good Beef hea on HT but we tend to kiss and make-up cause we one Big Ohana!

Right People? Right!!!

Love and ALOHA

Auntie Lynn

btw: Yes. You can post pictures, gif's. Visit my Blog and you will see I post any kind pictures.heheheh

Comment

Layne, Everybody starts out not knowing. I started out worse! I neba know NUTTIN. Even the use of punctuations and how to spell were agony! They still are.

Blogging is wat you make of it. It is "Your Story!" Try look on dis thread of several member's Blogs. http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10376

Public Forums is juss dat. A place where members come OnLine and share opinions and sometimes Fight!!!hahahaha

We get some good Beef hea on HT but we tend to kiss and make-up cause we one Big Ohana!

Right People? Right!!!

Love and ALOHA

Auntie Lynn

btw: Yes. You can post pictures, gif's. Visit my Blog and you will see I post any kind pictures.heheheh

Auntie Lynn, Eh,,, you might be same age as me and I calling you auntie!LOL!

I know about those fights and were in a few of those in the Kikaida forums. But now that I am old futt, I sure mellowed with age and learned to chill and live by Aloha I kekahi I kekahi!

As for the blogs, Some of the topics people were writing about seemed so sophisticated. Although I am UH educated with a BA & secondary teaching certificate. I am not interested with politics or even certain current trends.
                        I guess you could say I have learned to simplify my life and just be involved with creating stuff and being a humble artist.

But after talking to my wife about it, maybe I do have something people may be interested in or may relate with me on. I do live a really eccentric life and lots of interesting people come in and out on a daily basis.

I really like Pomai's Tasty island Blog and i wish Reid would update his food blog so I wouldnt want to do a food one.
                        Maybe I should do one on art! It would be cool! Focus on all art! performing as I love acting ,singing, and dancing, the visual arts as I love painting and sculpting, and Martial Arts as I used to compete!

I better polish up on my writing skills!

Gotta go eat lunch, I think the wife made something healthy, Arrrgh! that means no taste good...

A hui hou!
                        Layne

Comment

How I wish I wuz da same age as ya!!! The things I know...neba mine!

Moving right along to Blogs and YOU!

Like I said before "It's Your Story!"

Everyone has a Story to tell. The Internet gives us the opportunity to tell it. There are no rules on how to Blog. Juss write from your Heart and tell the Truth. Keep it FuN and you'll do fine.

You have many talents and an interesting life to share!

Ask Pomai for suggestions on how you can "own" your Domain.

Getting back on TOPIC.

I love EATING!!!! Das why my cholesterol is still way up!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

How I wish I wuz da same age as ya!!! The things I know...neba mine!

Moving right along to Blogs and YOU!

Like I said before "It's Your Story!"

Everyone has a Story to tell. The Internet gives us the opportunity to tell it. There are no rules on how to Blog. Juss write from your Heart and tell the Truth. Keep it FuN and you'll do fine.

You have many talents and an interesting life to share!

Ask Pomai for suggestions on how you can "own" your Domain.

Getting back on TOPIC.

I love EATING!!!! Das why my cholesterol is still way up!

Auntie Lynn
                            Howzit Aunty Lynn

Hey! I got my start here! http://daarts.blogspot.com/ I'm still kind of nervous but what the heck! Like you said speak from the heart!

Thanks a bunch !!and my lunch was junk, Da wife made diet food....Blah!

Layne

Comment

Howzit Aunty Lynn

Hey! I got my start here! http://daarts.blogspot.com/ I'm still kind of nervous but what the heck! Like you said speak from the heart!
                              Congrats Layne! I just left a comment there. Dig that family portrait!

You already have plenty of material to populate the blog in your Flickr album.
                              Last edited by Pomai; May 26, 2007, 03:50 PM. Reason: added comment
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X