Aloha from Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Pennsylvania

Aloha! I am a former resident of Hawaii (lived on Hickam AFB) and now living in PA. Since I spent 6 of my formative years in Hawaii, it holds a special place in my heart. As a "happa haole", it's one place that I always felt like I belonged. Have friends who live in Makakilo, and will be visiting next month.

Pleased to meetcha.

Re: Aloha from Pennsylvania

Welcome from the resident Jersey Girl...although I've lived here in Hawaii longer than I lived in NJ!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Welcome to HT. Is your handle an intentional misspelling of the queen's name, or is it something else?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Welcome to HT. Is your handle an intentional misspelling of the queen's name, or is it something else?

Hmm...good point.

Welcome anyway though from a fellow PA person! I'm on the PA/NJ border.
        -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          Ha. It wasn't an INTENTIONAL misspelling. Just a (wrong) guess on my part.

Thanks for the welcome, all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilioukulani View Post
            Ha. It wasn't an INTENTIONAL misspelling. Just a (wrong) guess on my part. Thanks for the welcome, all.
            I'm just guessing here, but I have a hunch that you'd be a lot more welcome if you consider changing your screen name. I think a lot of the HT members may feel that your current screen name is disrespectful to Hawai`i's last and very beloved queen.
            I'm sure you didn't mean it that way...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilioukulani View Post
              Ha. It wasn't an INTENTIONAL misspelling. Just a (wrong) guess on my part.

Thanks for the welcome, all.
              No, it was meant to be that you spelled it in this manner. Go by Lili, understand that it means "jealousy" and to break down the name would be something like "that royal flea sure is jealous" and that this is a much better alternative to naming yourself after Lili'u.

If anyone asks, just roll with it.

aloha, P

pax

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads! Hope that you will enjoy your stay here!
                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Aloha, pehea 'oe? I live on the East Coast too; I'm from Maine. I've been to Hawai'i twice and love it.
                  Mahalo,
                  'Alika
                  'Alika

Comment

Working...
                  X