Anyone Suggest Good Nanny Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Suggest Good Nanny Service?

I will be visiting Oahu for 3 weeks in June and July and I need a nanny for part of the day nad maybe once or twice at night. Can anyone suggest a reputable nanny service please?

My wife and I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old. They are both great kids. The 3 month hardly even cries, ever! My wife is breast feeding so we can only go away from the 3 month old for 4 hours at a time and we usually go everywhere with the 3 year old, except when he is napping in the early afternoon during which time we are free for a couple of hours. By the way, we will be staying on the North Shore.

Thank-you very much for your advice! :-)
    Last edited by M.Chao; June 4, 2007, 06:55 PM.

Re: Anyone Suggest Good Nanny Service?

I'm long out of the stage of needing babysitters so have no recommendations except to check with the hotel where you'll be staying...assuming you're staying in a hotel.

Comment

Umm...I am not seeking services from HT members, I just want to know if anyone knows anyone that has any friends that used a Nanny service that they could reccommend. Is this the right forum for this message?

Comment

Originally posted by M.Chao View Post
        Umm...I am not seeking services from HT members, I just want to know if anyone knows anyone that has any friends that used a Nanny service that they could reccommend. Is this the right forum for this message?
        No problem...I read your post correctly! I know you're not seeking services from HT members. Yes, this is the right forum. Since I haven't used a nanny (babysitting) service in decades I have no recommendations other than to check with the hotel in which you might be staying. Since you're staying on the North Shore you might check with the Turtle Bay Resort for suggestions. I'm sure if an HT member has a recommendation it will be posted...and most likely would have been by now. Since there hadn't been a reply I decided to post an alternate suggestion. HTH.

Comment

Thanks a lot Tutusue. I saw in the Lonely Planet Oahu, that there is a service called Aloha Nannies. There is a link to an article on their website http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz04a.html

Originally I wasn't interested, but after I read the article I think I can take a chance on them even without a reccomendation.

Comment

Wow! It really has been eons since I used a babysitter. I remember paying 50ยข an hour!!! Really! Regardless, it sounds like Aloha Nanny is a reputable service and the timing of the HA article is perfect!

Comment

http://alohanannies.com/

Hope that helps...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow. That's quite an article. As they say, you can't pay for advertising that good. I've half a mind to give 'em a ring, too!

Comment

Working...
                X