Kevin Durant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Durant

Apparently Kevin Durant, the possible #2 draft pick in the 2007 NBA draft,had a poor workout at the Orlando combine coming in at 78th out of 80
    potential draftees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2894925

Under the comments someone posted this :

JonBonBelichick (6/6/2007 at 4:26 AM)

Bristol, CT (AP) - According to sources, ESPN will be put on the 15-day DL due to a hyper-extended elbow. The injury occurred during a sensationalist reach made by the World Wide Leader when it said Kevin Durant's performance at the NBA combine will affect his draft position.

Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Kevin Durant

Durant reportedly failed to bench press 185 lbs. even one rep.

But, he'll still be the overall #2 pick in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
      Durant reportedly failed to bench press 185 lbs. even one rep.

But, he'll still be the overall #2 pick in the draft.
      I thought comment I posted was hilarious though. I agree the article was a wee bit sensational though.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Regardless if Durant is picked by Seattle, they are probably still moving the team

Comment

When you draft young players like Durant, you're almost always drafting the players you THINK they'll be in a couple of years. He's a kid. He'll get bigger and stronger -- he'll have to. As Kornheiser and Wilbon keep saying, he's definitely the #2 pick and if Seattle doesn't take him, everyone in the front office should be fired.

And yes; sadly, it seems like a foregone conclusion that the Sonics are going to move, as if it's the city's fault the team has sucked so bad in recent years.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I know! It was the Starbuck's owner Howard Schultz who deep sixed the team when he bought the then-premier franchise not too much after they were in the 96's finals against the Bulls. He cared more about making money than winning and shipped off players like Gary Payton who they could have kept winning with.

The sonics should do like Cleveland did when they lost the Browns or Baltimore did when they lost the Colts: Force the NBA to make the team that moves change their name and keep the Sonic name in Seattle for the new expansion franchise to take up.

I'm like shocked that Paul Allen hasn't stepped in and paid cash to save them yet. Maybe he will if they get to the point where they will inevitably move if he doesn't. He did it with the seahawks.

Comment

Working...
            X