Breakfast with fellow HT member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast with fellow HT member!

Just wanted to share my meeting & breakfast with fellow HT member Tikiyaki who flew here in to Hilo.

It was great meeting the braddah in person! A fellow artist and also a picean like myself! It was like I knew him for a long time!

It is such a coincidence as I was in his part of town Burbank & Hollywood California a year ago. So much to talk about and I wish i didn't have a 10:00am video shoot to attend to as i would have spent the day talking and eating with my new friend!

Just goes to show that you can meet and befriend genuinely nice and decent folks from the internet who share so much in common...

Will post a few pictures when I get home. I am on my laptop posting from the video shoot.

Aloha and hope to one day meet more HT members and have good food while were at it!

Aloha ,
    Layne- Hilo Artist
    Last edited by Hilo Artist; June 10, 2007, 12:58 PM.

Re: Breakfast with fellow HT member!

Breakfast with fellow HT member from the mainland!

Comment

How fun! Terrific that you guys got to meet. Tikiyaki, you'll probably manage to connect to more HTers than anyone--better than any of us who actually live in the Islands!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Layne...Tiki, as well as timkona, made it to the HT Christmas party in Honolulu last December. The onus is now on you to make it to the next one!!! Let's see...that's about 6 months from now!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Layne...Tiki, as well as timkona, made it to the HT Christmas party in Honolulu last December. The onus is now on you to make it to the next one!!! Let's see...that's about 6 months from now!
          Tutusue

Will definitly fly over to Oahu for the next HT get together!
          In fact I will be there very often this summer!
          Got to return to Panda Cuisine for more Dimsum action and some Italian food action!

Aloha
          Layne

Comment

Originally posted by Hilo Artist View Post
            Tutusue

Will definitly fly over to Oahu for the next HT get together!
            In fact I will be there very often this summer!
            Got to return to Panda Cuisine for more Dimsum action and some Italian food action!

Aloha
            Layne

Layne....awesome meeting you this morning....Folks...Layne got some CRAZY good art skills...He gave me a signed poster size print of one of his paintings...Really beautiful stuff. Mahalo Layne.

Yes, Lavagal, HT has been really great for connecting with island people and learning about the culture....It's so great to come to Hawaii and have some new people to meet, and not JUST do all the standard issue tourist stuff....It's really nice to get a real sense of the people here, it really makes for a better connection to islands.

After meeting with Layne, I drove all the way up the Hamakua coast, down through Waimea to Kona, where I met the artist who did my album cover. Talked story for a few hours at Don the Beachcomber in Kona and watched the sun set....awesome.

I just returned from the drive back to Hilo, and I'm beat....that's a crazy drive.

Hopefully, I'll get a tour of Layne's museum work tomorrow.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
              Layne....awesome meeting you this morning....Folks...Layne got some CRAZY good art skills...He gave me a signed poster size print of one of his paintings...Really beautiful stuff. Mahalo Layne.

Yes, Lavagal, HT has been really great for connecting with island people and learning about the culture....It's so great to come to Hawaii and have some new people to meet, and not JUST do all the standard issue tourist stuff....It's really nice to get a real sense of the people here, it really makes for a better connection to islands.

After meeting with Layne, I drove all the way up the Hamakua coast, down through Waimea to Kona, where I met the artist who did my album cover. Talked story for a few hours at Don the Beachcomber in Kona and watched the sun set....awesome.

I just returned from the drive back to Hilo, and I'm beat....that's a crazy drive.

Hopefully, I'll get a tour of Layne's museum work tomorrow.
              Tikiyaki

You really experienced the Big Island the right way with that Hamakua Coast drive and seeing the Kona Sunset. Waipio Valley and those smaller valleys along the coast are truly paradise!

I will see you today and give you the Hilo town tour and also take you to see the NOAA museum I did a few years ago.

This is a great little town with the old and new still intacked!

Aloha
              Layne

Comment

Working...
              X