"Funny Car" dragster fatality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Funny Car" dragster fatality

I am very distraught about the fatalities in the mainland incident yesterday, yet..pissed off with the driver's and/or crews decision to "burn out" or "sample" that funny car in a public road with NO rails or barricades or safety devices around...I seen guys do it here and beleive me, once they start to smoke and fishtail, they often do shut down due to not causing any further damage to their car or property. I seen PRO GAS guys do this and they as well as ALL THE drivers/crew do it with control....but this car involved was NO PRO GAS...it was a fully equipped vehicle modified to RUN ONLY ON THE 1/4 mile...NOT A PUBLIC STREET!!! I dont know the reason why they wanted to "exhibit" on that road... guarantee the press will have a definete field day with this! HTers....go to yahoo.com for the latest news reg. this tragedy. auwe....

Re: "Funny Car" dragster fatality

Troy Critchley - the driver of the car - is really gonna have a tough time dealing with this, in every sense of it. Truly an understatement. As will the organizers of the event, who's only intent was to HELP children.

Condolences and aloha to those who are in mourning of this tragedy; most importantly to the families who lost loved ones, and to Troy and his race crew.

This is painful.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I'm a little unclear exactly what the situation was. Some articles indicate it was part of a parade. Others that the drivers were supposed to do burnouts - but he went too long on his burn out. I'm sure the lawyers are going to have a field day over who authorized what and how much risk they were taking.

Comment

Ch 2 showed some kinda amateur video...that may/may not have been that exhibition...in anyways despite it being a parade--especially a parade with spectators (will be cking more on the scene via internet news) and if precautions were taken. IF you folks have ever been to or attended a race at the old and now, gone Hawaii Raceway Park, you know what I mean...if you folks have a chance to watch tv and ck out one of the NHRA races like in Pomona or elsewhere...you will see how ~~~~FAST~~~~ these cars can go..even for a burnout for traction prior to the actual race....these guys ARE PROs such as our PRO GAS and others here. I remembered when the Alaskan Drag team was here in previous races and ESpecially when former local Roland Leong bought his "Hawaiian" Charger Funny Car here (the same kine as the fatal incident)....his car actually SHOOK the ground...and thats while his driver burned out prior and the actual race. I was taking pics and when his car passed....despite ear plugs AND industrial hearing protection (headmuffs) altogether...I and the ground still shook! IF this driver was performing with a nitro or alcohol fueled car...HOLY SMOKES!!!!

Comment

Oh my goodness....if you go Yahoo News, and if your system can support video...there IS an amatuer video-same one that CH2 used--with the start and to the smoky end. Video quickly shows how EXPOSED the spectators was to this tragic exhibition. those who okd this "run" will ultimately be responsible.

Comment

Working...
          X