Pakele Lounge live concert web stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakele Lounge live concert web stream

Not to sure where to plop this...anyhow....

There's gonna be a live web stream tonight 6:00pm HST from the Pakele lounge of the Ala Moana.

http://www.lava.net/node/109

Aunty Genoa, PALI, Pekelo, and Randy Lorenzo will be playing in the Lounge.

I dunno if Pali (as opposed to the group PALI) will be there though 'cause he went and broke himself.

From the MySpace blog:

http://www.myspace.com/palimusic

Monday, June 11, 2007

Unscheduled gig... at Straub ER
    Current mood: thankful

Morphine, Motrin and IVs...
    Who woulda thought a great gig would be followed up by a week full of pain, morphine and trips to the ER.

Turns out a workout about a month ago led to a sore lower back/leg injury (oddly enough, during the post-weight lifting stretching, not lifting!). Went to the doctor's and got steriods for the pinch nerve diagnosis I was given. Apparently, this turned into 2 unscheduled visits to Straub's Emergency room, one MRI which revealed I had a severly ruptured disc and surgery was the only course of action. So, after 4 hours in the operating room and 2 hours in recovery, 90% of the pain is gone, and i can walk again. Still some light tingling in my left leg, but I'll live. I must say, Straub's ER attendees, nurses, doctors were awesome, and a my sincerest mahalo and aloha to everyone that helped me out while I was there.

In closing, my apologies for missing our KHNL morning show appearance scheduled for Monday Jun. 11, and for missing our Mayor Mufi Hanneman fundraiser gigs.

Re: Live web stream - Aunty Genoa, PALI, Pekelo, Randy Lorenzo

Gotta amend this.... Pali will be there too. I hope he gets a comfey chair for his brokeded self, or a hunk of soft wall to lean up against between sets.

Comment

Re: Live web stream - Aunty Genoa, PALI, Pekelo, Randy Lorenzo

Just a heads up if anyone watches the stream, it's going to be on Tuesday this week rather than Wednesday.

Comment

Tonight's stream is going to have:

Weldon Kekauoha, Sean Na’auao and Robi Kahakalau

Hmm...any way to change this thread title to just 'Pakele Lounge live concert web stream'?

Thank You!!!

Comment

Re: Pakele Lounge live concert web stream

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
          Tonight's stream is going to have:

Weldon Kekauoha, Sean Na’auao and Robi Kahakalau

Hmm...any way to change this thread title to just 'Pakele Lounge live concert web stream'?

Thank You!!!
          I'll be watching tonight's stream because it has a great line up. Mahalo for posting!
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Beach 5 will be featured on the web cast tomorrow.

Comment

I just found out Maunalua will also be playing tomorrow.

Comment

Cool heads up!

Does lavanet have an archive section to catch these shows after the fact?

They will have this last Sunday's Slack Key festival up for viewing in a couple of weeks, so there must be a cache' of shows to check out somewhere.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

They don't now, but I can ask if they're thinking about putting those up at all.

Comment

Aloha all,

Yeah, we have DVs and hard drives full of footage that we've begun to splice up and will be reposting in a few spots:

www.alohavideo.tv

www.mauitoday.tv (they'll be getting some of the slack key footage first.. under the Music section)

www.lava.net (jump point to our Pakele MySpace page that will host vids)

Each week we've been noticing a growing number of online viewers-so we're stoked people are tuning in. If you do live on O`ahu though, come down and check it out live as we've had some great jam sessions after the stream has gone off air. (not to mention the nachos area *really* ono)

A hui hou,

Pali
                    Last edited by Pali; August 22, 2007, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Next week's (Aug 29) line up is

Cindy Combs
                      Kapena
                      Last edited by Peshkwe; August 22, 2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

That all sounds awesome, Pali. I'm looking forward to viewing.
                        Where is the studio/stage located, and what are the times?

Last Sun. was my first time to see/hear Cindy Combs. A real tasty and inventive player.

Anybody know if Kapena DeLima is back from school and on steel again?

Comment

Here's the info page:

http://lavatory.net/pakele/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pali View Post
                            Aloha all,

Yeah, we have DVs and hard drives full of footage that we've begun to splice up and will be reposting in a few spots:

www.alohavideo.tv

www.mauitoday.tv (they'll be getting some of the slack key footage first.. under the Music section)

www.lava.net (jump point to our Pakele MySpace page that will host vids)

Each week we've been noticing a growing number of online viewers-so we're stoked people are tuning in. If you do live on O`ahu though, come down and check it out live as we've had some great jam sessions after the stream has gone off air. (not to mention the nachos area *really* ono)

A hui hou,

Pali
                            I missed watching tonight's stream... I was doing my homework for class. Oh well, wanted to watch Maunalua perform. Oh well. I'll try and watch next week.
                            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Cool, thanx for the 'where/when' info.

Here's an unabashed plug/plea for lot's of Hawaiian steel guitar into the mix.
                              I did see Issac Akuna in one pic. Terrific, wish I'd been there, for all the shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X