Forgot the Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot the Rice

...there is a guy that will deliver 60 cups of cooked rice for $15.

Think it's a damn useful service so wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. Probably best for small biz food/catering establishments because 60 cups is a LOT.... but I know I've gone to more than one event where we all forgot the rice

So ya... it's 848-7423 [848-RICE]. Good to know!
    life is ok sometimes

Re: Forgot the Rice

Originally posted by christa View Post
    for us locals, how big is the tray? regulah (aka large), family (aka jumbo), or bumbucha? (aka one serving)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

it's 160 scoops..... .....family? lol.
      life is ok sometimes

Comment

He must have one heckuva rice cooker!

If he provided brown rice and I had enough space in my freezer (I don't!) I'd get it and freeze it in 1 cup servings. I love hot brown rice mixed with milk and papaya for breakfast!

Ya know what, Christa? Thanks for posting this because I think I'll morph it into a new thread for convenient services. We already have threads for deals of the day and coupons. Why not services!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Ya know what, Christa? Thanks for posting this because I think I'll morph it into a new thread for convenient services. We already have threads for deals of the day and coupons. Why not services!!!
          so, you'll make it, or someone else will?
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

That is good to know. And I like tutusue's idea, too.
            Last edited by scrivener; August 8, 2007, 12:20 PM. Reason: "there's a girl who's been on my mind -- all the time..."
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
              so, you'll make it, or someone else will?
              I already did, all by my little ol' self...here!
              Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              That is good to know. And I like Lavagal's idea, too.
              Ummm...what idea of LGs did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I already did, all by my little ol' self...here!

Ummm...what idea of LGs did I miss?
                Where does it say Lavagal? I think you're misquoting me!
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It's just funny hearing about a mega-portion rice delivery service from, of all people, Christa, who brings more to mind the likes of thin, low-carb eating fashion models than Sumo wrestlers. Not that it matters... just saying!

So based on the math that 60 cups = 160 scoops of cooked rice, using the "2-scoop plate lunch" formula, each $15 tray of rice will feed approximately 80 people. Not bad.

How many uncooked cups of white medium grain rice does one 20 lb. bag yield?
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Sneaky...you!

Comment

Whoa! pay fifteen bucks for RICE?! Nah, we never run out of the stuff and the cooker does all the work, heck if only we could eat only rice...what an easy kitchen session.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Rice Math

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        How many uncooked cups of white medium grain rice does one 20 lb. bag yield?
                        Was just at Ward Marukai and took a look at a 20 lb. bag of Tsuru Mai white medium grain rice, which was on sale for $7.99.

On the nutritional information it indicates each serving is 1/4 cup uncooked rice with a total of 189 servings per 20 lb. bag. It notes that 1/4 cup uncooked yields 3/4 cup cooked rice.

So that totals out to 47-1/4 cups of uncooked rice per 20 lb. bag. Or, a total of about 142 cups of cooked rice per 20 lb. bag, which equals about 187 3/4 cup cooked rice servings.

When we have office potlucks, most times someone will bring their 10 and 20 cup rice cookers and make it fresh just before lunch.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

wha?

if someone says I have a good idea, I go with it!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post

Think it's a damn useful service so wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. Probably best for small biz food/catering establishments because 60 cups is a LOT.... but I know I've gone to more than one event where we all forgot the rice
                            60 cups cooked = 20-30 cups uncooked?

We filipinos never forget the rice, when it comes to party (at least in Moloka'i, where "professional catering service" is not in our vocabulary).
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

[QUOTE=Pomai;158263]It's just funny hearing about a mega-portion rice delivery service from, of all people, Christa, who brings more to mind the likes of thin, low-carb eating fashion models than Sumo wrestlers. Not that it matters... just saying!
                              [QUOTE]

hahahaha AW! speaking of sumo wrestlers.... i need a date!
                              life is ok sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X