X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 dead in Tahiti plane crash

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4159894a10.html
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: 20 dead in Tahiti plane crash

oh man...i just heard of this incident today, my cousin Maina was suppose to be on that flight. The two "european officials" named in the article are her fellow co workers one was her assistant, the other was her secretary.

She was checking in for the flight then her office called her back to tell her they needed her back at the office, she rescheduled her flight for later that evenning. The other two continued on with the flight and told her they'll meet her there.

***** CHICKEN SKIN *****

that is super sad, though. however I always had my doubts when it came to flying on that lil prop plane to the neighbor island. we'd use it, if we needed to save time, other than that we'd go on the ferry.

Last time I flew on that lil plane, we all were waiting for the pilot, then there was this guy, in shorts and slippers that jumped in the capt. seat and the plane started going...I was a little unsure if that was the pilot or not...that was pretty funny, but that was sure a bumpy ride.

anyways mahalo for the post of the article!!!

KAYA T.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm glad your cousin is well, but she must be really sad over the loss of her co-workers. My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

Comment

The DeHavilland Dash Twin Otter (DH6) is generally a bumpy riding plane, kind of like being on a bus that flies. Aloha Island Air used to fly that but when they became Island Air, those planes were phased out in favor of the Dash 8. I flew on the DH6 many years ago on the mainland.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          I'm glad your cousin is well, but she must be really sad over the loss of her co-workers. My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.
          much appreciated...aloha
          sigpic

Comment

WoW! Your cousin is VERY lucky!! So sad about her co-workers and the rest of the people on that plane. You just never know when it will be your time...
            Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
            My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
            X