I personally collect (blank)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally collect (blank)

What crap/clutter/collectibles do you seek out, purchase, store and enjoy?

Me: books/pictures/historical records
    husband: anything that says Snap-On or Craftsman
    kids: non-memorable plastic stuff that hurts when stepped on. Ma and Dad are diligently trying to turn them on to books and tools, heh.

pax

Re: I personally collect (blank)

Anything in or on which my dad's picture and/or name appear...
    Aloha shirts...those I like, not necessarily those of value...
    Robin Williams DVDs...I'd love to collect everything in which he's appeared on-camera. I'm getting close...

Comment

files! Either on discs or hard drives, I collect choke computer files.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

make-up is one thing i collect. i have probably 20 lipsticks/lipglosses, twenty eyeshadows, eight blushes, five different foundations (all differing in coverage), maybe 12 - 15 different bottles of nail polish, three mascaras, three concealers, 14 perfumes/body sprays, two containers of loose powder....

and that's not including the palettes, which have eyeshadow/blush/lipstick. i think i have two of those...maybe more. i also have one lipstick palette.

in my defense, i shuffle back and forth between my place and the beau's so i feel a need for redundancy of sorts (tho none of my make up items are repeats except for eyeliner or eyebrow pencil or something like that).

*waaaaaaaaaaaaaah* i just realized that i'll probably have to put at least half my makeup in storage when i move out!!! ugh, that saddens me.

************************************************** ***********************************************

i had a passion for collecting men.... hee hee. but i stopped about four and a half years ago.
        Last edited by cynsaligia; August 11, 2007, 08:11 PM.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Model aeroplanes. Aviation and home-repair books. 3-D photos of the Russo-Japanese War.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Way too much! Books - I have so many I could start my own library. In fact, my house looks like a library. Bookshelves in every room.

Turtles, dolphins and bears - these I collect because I once mentioned I liked them and everyone keeps giving them to me as gifts so I wouldn't dare get rid of them.

Comment

I'm a pack rat living in too small of a space.

Stuff I collect:
              • DVD Movies & TV Shows - 350 + counting
              • Compact Discs - Music & Data
              • MP3 Music files
              • Photographs - thousands, analog & digital
              • Macintoshes - thinned out some of em
              • Still cameras - digital and film
              • Old Coins - fortunately suspended
              • Vinyl LPs & 45s

Everything has value.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I'm a dumper...if anything I collect memories.
                ___
                "Be god to each other."

Comment

1) vinyl LPs, EPs, and 45s;
                  2) sheet music, song books;
                  3) vintage electric guitars;
                  4) vintage guitar amplifiers (tube models preferred);
                  5) DVDs/tapes of old television series and movies (M*A*S*H; Dick Van Dyke; Captain Midnight; Ramar of the Jungle; I Love Lucy; Perry Mason; The Fugitive; Hawaii 5-0; etc.
                  6) television and radio broadcasts of UH sports;
                  7) game programs and media guides of local sports (UH, high school);
                  8) old high school annuals (yearbooks).

We all have our interests and idiocyncrasies ..............

Comment

I like to collect and restore old tools and fishing reels. I still have a few model planes.

Comment

Photos, especially of relatives, books, email addresses but only of folks I'm connected to in some way, quality tshirts meaning they can be laundered fifty times and not become crap, things with a strawberry theme, and things with a country craft flair about them, that I pick up at craft fairs.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

i collect my children's art work or stuff they made for me when they were little. hm..my little one is still little..heh...so stuff of hers and my teen i still have things of....at one time i used to collect hippos, i had over 40 hippos, they're almost all gone now... but my oldest.decided at 5 yrs old she would make me this hippo...with clay? and it looked more like a giraffe....it was supposed to be an ornament (i think)..i still have it to this day.

i also have her very fisrt school (kawaihao) work at when she drew the Hawaiian islands and wrote which one were which

Comment

Hmm, I'm gonna go with Panties.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                            Hmm, I'm gonna go with Panties.
                            HAHAHAHAHAHA

Den mine is Bebe Deeze!!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                              i collect my children's art work or stuff they made for me when they were little.[...]
                              Oh, that's a good one! I saved all the little clay and plaster of paris mementos my kids made in school. There are 2 clay animals that I have no idea what they are but they are very artistic and clever. Love 'em. They've been on display in my living room ever since the early 70s as have the others! Those items are absolutely priceless.

Comment

Working...
                              X