Hi there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there!

I've been reading HT for about a year now...joined back in Feb (I think) and only now have I gotten around to introducing myself. Anyway, I'm born and raised right here in Hawaii. I love to write and I find the threads here fascinatiing. I look forward to participating more, getting to know a lot of interesting people and learning lots about these beautiful rocks we live on! BTW, I was wondering, does anyone have a link to an archival shot of the Mitsukoshi Building in Waikiki? I can't seem to find one anywhere...

Re: Hi there!

Welcome Ipo! Been in the corner for 'bout a year, so you know your way 'round. I'll check my old pictures for Mitsukoshi...used to frequent there as a kid way back in the day.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Late introductions are better than no intro at all.

Welcome!
      Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ipo View Post
        I've been reading HT for about a year now...joined back in Feb (I think) and only now have I gotten around to introducing myself. Anyway, I'm born and raised right here in Hawaii. I love to write and I find the threads here fascinatiing. I look forward to participating more, getting to know a lot of interesting people and learning lots about these beautiful rocks we live on! BTW, I was wondering, does anyone have a link to an archival shot of the Mitsukoshi Building in Waikiki? I can't seem to find one anywhere...

Sorry no shots of the Mitsukoshi building with it's failed glass-encased water fall facade. Geez anyone who raises fish in an aquarium knows that sunshine hitting water behind glass will tend to grow algae. Imagine an entire side of a building looking like a dirty aquarium. Yeah I guess they fired that designer.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Aloha a e komo mai, e Ipo! Pehea 'oe?
          'Alika

Comment

Aloha and e komo mai to Hawaii Threads Ipo! This is one big 'ohana and I hope to see you posting on here!
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I currently work in the Kalakaua Business Center (soon to be BOH building, formerly the ANA Building, formerly—and always to me—the Mitsukoshi building) and my co-workers don't believe me about those ill-planned waterfall windows! Although, I must admit, as a small kid, they held a special fascination for me.

Comment

That's great! Pomaika'i!
                'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by Ipo View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I currently work in the Kalakaua Business Center (soon to be BOH building, formerly the ANA Building, formerly—and always to me—the Mitsukoshi building) and my co-workers don't believe me about those ill-planned waterfall windows! Although, I must admit, as a small kid, they held a special fascination for me.

You're welcome Ipo! That's great that you are currently working at the Kalakaua Business Center.
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                  X