Searching for a story based on Maui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a story based on Maui

I can't seem to find a story that ran recently in the local papers, maybe even in the Maui News, about a couple who has invented a more environmentally friendly lunch box than the styrofoam clamshells that we eat from these days. Does anyone recall? I believe the couple is looking for seed money to move forward with their invention.

mahalo!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: Searching for a story based on Maui

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    I can't seem to find a story that ran recently in the local papers, maybe even in the Maui News, about a couple who has invented a more environmentally friendly lunch box than the styrofoam clamshells that we eat from these days. Does anyone recall? I believe the couple is looking for seed money to move forward with their invention.

mahalo!
    The company is called "Styrophobia" and their products are made from bagasse. They already are selling some of their products via mail order.

For anyone who's concerned about buying Chinese goods, however, there is this little caveat (from their website):
    The bagasse tableware is made in China. The factory pays its workers fair living wages according to living standards in China and provides housing, regular meals, normal work hours etc. for its workers.
    Styrophobia

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; August 16, 2007, 05:09 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Searching for a story based on Maui

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      The company is called "Styrophobia" and their products are made from bagasse. They already are selling some of their products via mail order.

For anyone who's concerned about buying Chinese goods, however, there is this little caveat (from their website):

Styrophobia

Miulang
      Miulang,
      I'm grateful. Thank you for digging it up. And I thought it ran more recently than June 25.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
      X