No announcement yet.

Server issues with HT in the past week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server issues with HT in the past week?

I've had a number of circumstances in the past week where I have been unable to get access to HT for chunks of time. Ryan - I think you got back from Hawai`i Island just in time (to have your hands full!) Waz da scoops?

Re: Server issues with HT in the past week?

Yeeehhaaaaa! I'm in.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I haven't noticed anything for the past week, but I wasn't able to log in from my bookmark. Thinking it just needed to be refreshed, I Yahoo'd HT, and still received an error message. Finally, I logged into my account at HawaiiVox, and clicked on the RSS feed of HT, and was able to log on, but I didn't try and do a post or anything. And, I observed only (2) others online at HT with me.

Regardless, AUNTY LYNN thanks for the twitter update...and we're back in action!
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

I was unable to log on for several hours on Wed., I believe. I checked sister site, hawaiistories.com, with the same result. Ryan told me that means it's the server's problem and not a site problem. IIRC, the server is on the mainland.

Comment

The DNS servers at Dreamhost, the webhost that serves up HawaiiThreads.com (and my many other domains), has been having issues. There's actually been a lot of wonkiness across the tubes lately, which may or may not have been a contributing factor.

I'll try to get better on updating my off-network status blog. Otherwise, of course, you can always e-mail me if you're not sure what's up.

Comment

FWIW, Ian Lind has been having the same problem and at the same times.
            [/shrug]
            Hope you get it all worked out to your satisfaction, Ryan...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              IIRC, the server is on the mainland.
              For some reason, I hear the voices of the Mythbusters in my head, saying: "well, there's your problem."

Thanks, Ryan. I was looking for your status blog.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                The DNS servers at Dreamhost, the webhost that serves up HawaiiThreads.com (and my many other domains), has been having issues.
                Ah, good ol' dreamhost. They had better fix the problems, or else they'll have a few angry people here.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                  Ah, good ol' dreamhost. They had better fix the problems, or else they'll have a few angry people here.
                  Well, we can all get as angry as we like, and DH won't care. Unless Ryan gets angry, that is.

Comment

I just noticed that I couldn't login from last night. I wasn't able to login from my bookmark too. Yeah, at least I can log in now and catch up on what I missed now! I am one happy camper!
                    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I didn't notice any problems this week. We had a lot of extra reading and posting here cuz of Flossie and it was road runner fast from here.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Today, between from about 7:30 a.m. till 'bout noon I was unable to log on. I "appeared" logged on, but without the options as a user who was actually logged on. I missed all of you . Don't know what or why it happened, but main thing...back in action!
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

I was having problems connecting to HT for a few minutes this AM ? But it came back up right now.
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Today it has happened here a couple of times...tries and tries to connect and times out so far as I'm concerned, so I close the window, figuring I shouldn't be goofing off here at my desk, anyway.
                            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                              Today it has happened here a couple of times...tries and tries to connect and times out so far as I'm concerned, so I close the window, figuring I shouldn't be goofing off here at my desk, anyway.
                              Yeah I've noticed a spate of mini-outages today.
                              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X