4:40-4:55 pm Hapa
    5-5:15 pm Dennis and David Kamakahi
    5:20-5:35 pm Maunalua
    5:40-6 pm Kaukahi

Re: 2007 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival - Live web stream

It's streaming now

Comment

Cool! Have it up and running. Thanx Peshkwe!

Comment

Little bit of a rocky start with the sound, but they seemed to have it sorted out for now.

Comment

We're catching what we can, before we head out to play music ourselves. Pali was commenting (on TaroPatch) about the sound issues. We're overjoyed to get this feed at all, so we can enjoy the show from here in Seattle.

Comment

Yeah, I called about it and then he called back, they got it all sorted out. They had it hooked up one way and had to hook it up differently to make it work.

Leo...or anyone else signed up with TaroPatch...could you post that I talked to him and the sound issue has been sorted out? Please? I just registered to do that but haven't gotten the confirm mail in yet.

I forgot, he said they had to hook up to the PA system there instead of the way they had it.
            Last edited by Peshkwe; August 19, 2007, 12:28 PM. Reason: I forgot....duh....

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
              Yeah, I called about it and then he called back, they got it all sorted out. They had it hooked up one way and had to hook it up differently to make it work.

Leo...or anyone else signed up with TaroPatch...could you post that I talked to him and the sound issue has been sorted out? Please? I just registered to do that but haven't gotten the confirm mail in yet.
              Yeah, Pali already posted himself (a short while ago) that things were close to being sorted out, sonically speaking. But I added your note to TP, too.

Comment

Cool Thanks for the info

Hee...just realized that was a pretty cool relay...Hawaii... Michigan...Seattle...
                Last edited by Peshkwe; August 19, 2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Ain't technology grand?!

And to think I had a black and white TV, where you had to get up off your duff to turn the dial to change channels, 'til my daughter was a year old! That's when, technologically speaking, Hawaii, Michigan and Seattle could only be linked via telephone in real time...I think! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The year was 1968! Hmmm...doubt that conference calls existed way back then!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Cool! Have it up and running. Thanx Peshkwe!
                    mms://wms.lava.net/hskgf2007

I am capturing it with nettransport to watch later.. thanks guys!

mms://win83il.audiovideoweb.com/il83winlive3130 <-- direct link
                    http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      ...only be linked via telephone in real time...I think! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The year was 1968! Hmmm...doubt that conference calls existed way back then!
                      You could, but you had to go through the phone company to set up a conference bridge (which was basically a live operator putting you on hold, then calling the first party in your conference call, putting them on hold, calling the next party, etc.) When the last participant was located, the operator manually released all the calls waiting and your conference call could begin. The per minute charges for conference calls back then were exorbitant. (You do it yourself now if you pay for 3-way calling on your landline or cellular phone).

All that changed for businesses when Judge Green split up Ma Bell in 1984 and the PBX (private branch exchange) came into existence. By then larger companies bought their own phone systems and were able to do many of the things only Ma Bell was able to do previously.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Back home in time to catch Kamakahi pere et fils (pardon my abysmal French) and the rest.

Comment

How'd your gig go? Fun?

Comment

Hey Peshkwe:
                            I was looking for the thread you did about MauiToday.tv but couldn't find it! Just wanted to let you know that I did go over there and see Pali's music videos. What's the deal with the 2 shorter videos looking like he and his guys were playing inside a fallout shelter, though? Would have been nice to see their faces as well as hear their music.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Hey Peshkwe:
                              I was looking for the thread you did about MauiToday.tv but couldn't find it! Just wanted to let you know that I did go over there and see Pali's music videos. What's the deal with the 2 shorter videos looking like he and his guys were playing inside a fallout shelter, though? Would have been nice to see their faces as well as hear their music.

Miulang

The Pali live and live pt. 2 clips? That's from the Pakele Lounge and someone's home video work they uploaded to MauiToday....not one of the web casts they do on Wednesdays.

Tho even then the lighting has a mind of it's own.

Comment

Working...
                              X