Dog's #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog's #1!

Duane "Dog" Chapman - No. 1 on the New York Time's Best-seller list...

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...306982541.html

Anybody read it yet? Anybody stand in line to get him to sign it when he did the launch at Borders in Kahala Mall?? I'm a big fan of Dog's but I missed it! He will be doing book signings at Waikele & Windward Mall at the end of the month. I bet it will be just as crazy as Kahala Mall was!!
    Last edited by kiwidiva; August 20, 2007, 10:23 AM.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Dog's #1!

Wasn't planning on it. I wouldn't say I was a fan or on the other end of the spectrum. For me, I get a bit defensive about any negative publicity about Hawaii, even though it might have truth to it...it's still my home. It's sorta the mentality of "I can talk stink 'bout my family, but not you." Besides, I usually pick up my books either during the clearance sales at Borders or used copies at garage sales...even my beloved author Grisham. So, I'll wait.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

I've now heard from a number of people that have met or encountered Duane. Not one bad report. It appears and sounds like he is real, not phoney and as sincere as he could ever "act" or claim. So, for him I am VERY glad. I think he is truly deserving. when i've heard these reports that are so good, they've been about the bounty hunter, only. People have stressed that they were speaking about him, and him alone.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I get your point IP. I've been watching since long before I moved here. I can't believe how big his show is internationally. I get asked by overseas friends and family ALL THE TIME if I've seen Dog out and about. You know, they think he just roams the streets looking for crooks! And many of my international houseguests ask me to swing by DA KINE BAILBONDS for a possible chance sighting of Dog and the crew. So, it doesn't surprise me that his book is #1 or that his book signings all over the US and in Canada are so crazy.
        Last edited by kiwidiva; August 20, 2007, 12:49 PM.
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
          I've now heard from a number of people that have met or encountered Duane. Not one bad report. It appears and sounds like he is real, not phoney and as sincere as he could ever "act" or claim. So, for him I am VERY glad. I think he is truly deserving. when i've heard these reports that are so good, they've been about the bounty hunter, only. People have stressed that they were speaking about him, and him alone.
          Just for fun, be sure to catch up on all the back and forth that went on in this thread.

Comment

I've seen Leland and Tim out and about when I lived in Kona...a lot of ladies flocking, but I didn't get the sense of "stardom attitude"...just a good vibe, good aura from them both. My reasons for not purchasing the book immediately have nothing to do with them personally, it's more a financial decision...grab it used is much more practical for my budget.

And, I do watch the show, I just get a bit protective of Hawaii...it's my home.
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Thanks for the link, Leo. I just got through skimming the 12 pages of comments!! I guess Dog is a real 'love him or hate him' kinda guy.

I gotta admit, as over the top as he is, I do like him. I like how he tries to help people - even after all his cussing and bravado.

It's Beth that gets on my nerves (and I see I'm not alone on that one!) Hubby says if she ever knocks on our door, to knock her out... no questions asked! Even if she is at the wrong house - LOL!!!

We met Sonny (one of the guys who sometimes helps them out when they go to the Big Island) - and when I posted our pix with Sonny on My Space, I had friends and family from England, Australia & NZ sending comments asking if that was the guy from Dog the Bounty Hunter - (see what I mean about the show's international appeal?)

We heard from another source that The Dog was planning to chase a fugitive to American Samoa (you'll like this one, PoiDog) and he's planning to take SEVENTEEN puppies with him. Yep, we agree, if you're gonna go to the rock, you better go DEEP!!! I don't know if he ever went - but I'm sure that would make an interesting episode.

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                I've seen Leland and Tim out and about when I lived in Kona...a lot of ladies flocking, but I didn't get the sense of "stardom attitude"...just a good vibe, good aura from them both.[...]
                Hmmm...well, I've not met the former but the latter and I had offices in the same building, very close to each other. It bothers me (disgust might be a better word) that his behavior is being rewarded with money and celebrity status. All...and I mean all...the tenants in our small building were glad to see him go. 'Nuff said!

Comment

raise your hand if this has ever happened to you:

Dog is standing next to the chalkboard, priming the rest of them Chapmans on the next crackhead to take down...all of a sudden, a member of the viewing audiences pipes up--

"Oh my God look! Its Cousin IAin'tMentioningNoNamesonHT!!!"

*raised hand*

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                    [...]*raised hand*
                    <bwaha><snort><gasp>!!!

The state of Hawaii is, indeed, a small town! Not laughing AT you, PM. You just happened to make me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Hmmm...well, I've not met the former but the latter and I had offices in the same building, very close to each other. It bothers me (disgust might be a better word) that his behavior is being rewarded with money and celebrity status. All...and I mean all...the tenants in our small building were glad to see him go. 'Nuff said!
                      Do you mean his behavior as we see on screen or his public behavior was being rewarded with money and celebrity status?
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

I just want to know if Beth has a license for those things? She could put someone's eye out if she's not careful.

Oh and a general observation: Enough with the ICE already! It's horrific and quite sad to see what that crap has done to so many.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                        X