Foodland Ala Moana reopens on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foodland Ala Moana reopens on Thursday

i'm not a huge fan of foodland but i'm curious to see how they've incorporated a coffee bean & tea leaves shop + a beard papa shop in their supermarket. (i wonder if the coffee beans shop by the food court will close?)

anyway, it opens to the public tomorrow...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: foodland (ala moana) reopens on thursday

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
    i'm not a huge fan of foodland but i'm curious to see how they've incorporated a coffee bean & tea leaves shop + a beard papa shop in their supermarket. (i wonder if the coffee beans shop by the food court will close?)

anyway, it opens to the public tomorrow...
    Well, it's about time. I wonder if other Foodlands are going to have the same makeover.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Well, it's about time....
      no kiddling. they were closed something like 14 weeks!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'm looking forward to their re-opening. I mostly used that location as an emergency stop, but I always wished they offered more, especially deli and take-home items. Now, with the addition of Beard's Papa and Coffee Bean & Tea, and other makeovers, I definitely have to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          Well, it's about time. I wonder if other Foodlands are going to have the same makeover.
          The Koko Marina (Hawaii Kai) Foodland is already set-up that way, which has been that way for about 2 years now.

A Coffee Bean & Tea was retrofitted to the front-left (makai) side of the store, where it has open access to the supermarket just inside the entrance, so as you walk in, you get a waft of the roasted coffee aroma.

Inside the front entrance on the right is Beard Papa's.

Of course, just a stone's throw on the other corner of that Koko Marina location is a Star#ucks.

A note on Koko Marina Center, they now offer free Wifi access from ClearWire throughout their common areas.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I have to check out Foodland the next time I am at Ala Moana Center. I am curious about how they incorporated a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf inside there. I also wonder if the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf by the food court will close since it is close proximity to it?
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Remember when Foodland was located about where the Food Court is now situated? Lyn's Delicatessen was next to Foodland.

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                I also wonder if the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf by the food court will close since it is close proximity to it?
                They might let the lease expired on the other side, but then why do that? The Food Court version can serve the makai side (where the tourists and trolley passengers are usually dropped off) while the the Foodland version can serve the mauka side (where kama'aina get off the bus from as far as Waipahu).
                Last edited by Random; August 23, 2007, 08:41 PM.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: Foodland Ala Moana reopens on Thursday

walked thru the new foodland this evening just to see what it's like and i was surprised that there are no seats at the coffee bean & tea leaves shop (nor at beard papa) so i was a little disappointed. pomai, is that how it is at the hawaii kai location?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                    Remember when Foodland was located about where the Food Court is now situated? Lyn's Delicatessen was next to Foodland.
                    How long ago was this??

Aj

Comment

When I arrived on Oahu in 1979 Foodland and McDonalds used to be where the Food Court is now. I remember it was in that location in 1981. After that it gets fuzzy as to when the move happened.

Comment

I don't know if its a blessing, or a curse, now that beard papa is near Heald. If it was there when I was going to school, I'll probably break even walking to foodland, eating a few creampuffs, then walking back.

*puts it on his list of things to visit this weekend*
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                          Yes I remember that too also......
                          I know for sure that where FOODLAND was currently occupied by the Food Courts now was at their old location throughout the 80's at least. I graduated from Aiea back in the mid 80's and hanged out MCD"s. I recall a ramp when entering Foodland. I used to work at KayBee Toys in 1989 and FOODLAND was already at its current location.

Anyone get pictures to document?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                            I don't know if its a blessing, or a curse, now that beard papa is near Heald. If it was there when I was going to school, I'll probably break even walking to foodland, eating a few creampuffs, then walking back.

*puts it on his list of things to visit this weekend*

If you break-even on the scale, then you're AHEAD ........ you would have enjoyed the smooth creamy taste of the cream puffs with no cost to your waistline. Although your pocketbook would have been lightened a little, remember, you can't take it with you!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              When I arrived on Oahu in 1979 Foodland and McDonalds used to be where the Food Court is now. I remember it was in that location in 1981. After that it gets fuzzy as to when the move happened.
                              I remember the Foodland and McDonalds was in the present day food court location up until at least 1983.

The McDonalds ordering counter was on the first floor with stairs up to a dining area on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor eating area had windows that looked out onto the Foodland floor. Was an interesting set-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X