Seeking a shopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking a shopper

I am looking for someone that would go to International Market and find the T-shirts booths and pick out 2 sets (they are usually 10 or 12 for x amount of dollars i think) and mail them to me. If interested, reply here or pm me please. Thank you.
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Re: Seeking a shopper

41 views and no one will do it??? Sheesh.........oh well, i guess my boys want to see Oahu for themselves anyway. We'll just fly in and i'll do it myself then

Comment

I stay out of Waikiki as much as I can. The traffic. So it's not on my route. The other 40 will have to offer their explanations.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
        I am looking for someone that would go to International Market and find the T-shirts booths and pick out 2 sets (they are usually 10 or 12 for x amount of dollars i think) and mail them to me. If interested, reply here or pm me please. Thank you.
        41 views and no one will do it??? Sheesh.........oh well, i guess my boys want to see Oahu for themselves anyway. We'll just fly in and i'll do it myself then.
        Hold on!!! No make lil dat with ATTITUDE!

First of all, when I read your first post, I understood it as "YOU" wanted "SOMEONE" to go purchase the t-shirts with "their" $$$ and den mail the merchandise to you?

We all have Lives Here in Hawai'i! Next time be moa specific. Don't give up so easily and den blast us cause nobody responded.

Look on the bright side. Your boys are coming and will get to choose the t-shirts foa you. And if you don't like what they chose, uhhhhh...it's ok. They're your SONS!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Well, mercy and dangitall, I hope you find a shopper but heck, I can't cuz I just don't give my contact info. to people online unless I know them very well and for a long time. Maybe....others avoid doing such favors for the same type of reasons.
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

The trip is only tenative actually, its either that or a cruise but not til next spring to my knowledge........
            No, i was intending to send a money order for the amount of shirts, mail expenses and probably something like a Starbucks or other drink of ones choice while they were there but anywho......
            Also, i wouldnt call a simple *Sheesh.....oh well.....* a *blast*. I was just surprised to find all this wannabe Aloha spirit in postings here and 41 interested in reading but no one seeing what i had in mind.

Comment

[...] I was just surprised to find all this wannabe Aloha spirit in postings here and 41 interested in reading but no one seeing what i had in mind.
              Wannabe? With all due respect...what exactly is your definition of the Aloha spirit? That might help us get a better handle on your expectations.

With the exception of addressing parking I thought you were quite thorough in your request so my guess is if someone had the time to fulfill it s/he would've Pm'd you for your address. Just an fyi...parking is problematic and expensive in Waikiki.

Comment

The trip is only tenative actually, its either that or a cruise but not til next spring to my knowledge........
                No, i was intending to send a money order for the amount of shirts, mail expenses and probably something like a Starbucks or other drink of ones choice while they were there but anywho......
                Also, i wouldnt call a simple *Sheesh.....oh well.....* a *blast*. I was just surprised to find all this wannabe Aloha spirit in postings here and 41 interested in reading but no one seeing what i had in mind.
                Excuse me, da 41 people don't all live on Oahu muchless frequent Waikiki. I no tink I have to explain why or why not; I not going Waikiki cause even when I go home I no go Waikiki unless somebody treating at Todai's (but I digress).

If nobody wen say notting its cause they had reason, not cause dey no moe Aloha. Now dat you ack/sound la dat, why kokua yo'attitude? People kokua from the heart not cause they get "called out" by someone online la dis. Like Karen, one has to feel safe to give out personal information la dat. And how do you know some ripoff artist with a fake name & P.O. box ain't just gonna take yo'money and run? You know what I'm saying.... Don't you watch the Bounty Hunter & Dog & Beth all dem; there's a lot of messed up people in Hawaii.

Dat tone/term: "wannabe Aloha spirit" make you sound like a really negative kind of person....like you expect people to do for you just cause you ask, sight unseen? How WE know YOU not "stranger danger?" You asked, nobody answered. Why you gotta push buttons and attribute it to a lack of Aloha?

I hope you get your T-shirts. Dude, it just T-shirts from Waikiki no less. Try try cafepress.com or bodybypoi or e808 or sigzane, there are alot of cool T-shirts out there betta den da ones in Waikiki. Its just T-shirts, man cool yo'jets.

If you think people not answering your request defines a lack of Aloha spirit ~ den you do not know the meaning of the Aloha spirit yourself.

Paha ka waha, nana ka maka, hana ka lima. Malama pono.
                Last edited by GypsyLika; August 25, 2007, 05:42 PM.
                ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Wannabe Aloha Spirit?

You got some nerve!

1,000 Cyber Whacks Whacks to ya!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wow

So I guess asking someone to pick me up some DVD's from Suzie's Warehouse is out of the question.

Aloha

DD
                    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                      Wow

So I guess asking someone to pick me up some DVD's from Suzie's Warehouse is out of the question.

Aloha

DD
                      LOL

Wait, people still go to those shops to get movies?
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

My 2-cents:

For obvious reasons I can't because I live on the Big Island

Like others have said, unless I'm doing business in Waikiki, I'd consider it, but with parking rates per the half hour, taking the time to get a few t-shirts can cost more in parking than what the shirts are worth.

And any Kamaaina knows that if you want cheap and plentiful t-shirts you go to Aloha Stadium Swap meet to get um. Locals no like make "A" getting caught buying cheap t-shirts in Waikiki, das only for the tourists. I mean how would you answer to this call:

Eh braddah I seen you in Waiks buying some trashy t-shirts! Ho cuz getting desperate eh?

What...I was doing it for somebody else...eh what you was doing in Waikiki? Checking out the ladies eh you bastard!

Nah not me...Waikiki is too expensive...try da chicks down by Hosoi in Chinatown.

Eh brah...das not chicks! Wop your jaws braddah!!!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

41 views and no one will do it??? Sheesh.........oh well, i guess my boys want to see Oahu for themselves anyway. We'll just fly in and i'll do it myself then
                          I was just surprised to find all this wannabe Aloha spirit in postings here and 41 interested in reading but no one seeing what i had in mind.
                          It's an interesting insight that you feel a Hawaii resident would (1) volunteer this favor for you and then (2) allow themselves to be shamed into it and (3) expect the "wannabe Aloha spirit" comment to change our attitude into motivation to execute your request.

Is it because your understanding of the aloha spirit obligates us to include personal shopping as part of our culture? Maybe it's a good thing that you're coming here-- it'll give you a chance to learn how the aloha spirit really works. In your area it's called different words like "neighborly" and "mutual respect", but no matter what culture you're in I'm pretty sure it's some equivalent of the Golden Rule.

Your first post was a personals ad looking for services. I see that in newspapers and on Craigslist all the time. No problem. 41 people read your first post because it's on the board, not because we're looking for employment.

Your two posts quoted above imply that we're discourteous & lazy. I have a problem with that.

I also believe that people are responding in pidgin to inject a little note of humor & tolerance into a situation that's actually quite embarrassing, rude, and offensive. (Kinda like a party host making a joke to break the tension after another guest's inappropriate behavior brings the whole room to a standstill.) I've spent some time in Oklahoma so I understand that not everyone in your state behaves like that, if indeed you really do live there. People with your attitude can be found anywhere.

But hey, this board has an "Ignore Poster" button. You have a nice life now...
                          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                            I also believe that people are responding in pidgin to inject a little note of humor & tolerance into a situation that's actually quite embarrassing, rude, and offensive. (Kinda like a party host making a joke to break the tension after another guest's inappropriate behavior brings the whole room to a standstill.) I've spent some time in Oklahoma so I understand that not everyone in your state behaves like that, if indeed you really do live there. People with your attitude can be found anywhere.
                            Ackchally, I write like how I talk or is it I talk da way I write. Yeah and pidgin comes off moe "playful" and less humbug. Ok, it depends how good yo'pidgin is. I can go straight, kapakahi, or Okie English.

Truth be known I can say all wot I said with an Okie accent and you'd think you was tawkin to some country bumpkin. Ma'inlaws & kinfolks live in 3 NE Oklahoma counties and I am an alumni of Northeastern State University. But who gives a ratsass about what I know.

Oh and for the record there is Aloha Spirit/neighborlyness in Oklahoma. I've always found it comfortable in the small town that I lived in. With my experience, "they" (absolute strangers) would tell me intimate seriously personal details/history I did not need or want to know, that use to always shock da shitoutta me.

Alla y'all have a good day now. How's ya'momma andem?
                            Last edited by GypsyLika; August 26, 2007, 07:39 AM.
                            ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

heheheh

I enjoy writing. Period. Be it in Pidgin or whateva's. I write from my heart. Neba mind the correct way, punctuations, spelling, etc. As long dey get the jest of it.

As far as how I speak in person.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All KAPAKAHI ~ juss like how I write.

Love and ALOHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X