Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn Hawaiian... FREEEEE!

http://ksdl.ksbe.edu/kulaiwi/index.html

Great place to learn hawaiian online, with these FREEEEEEE video lessons!

Hope someone learns something
    http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Re: Learn Hawaiian... FREEEEE!

Aloha kakou! Pehea 'oe? Maika'i no au, mahalo. Ke a'o mai nei au i ka 'olelo Hawai'i. Aloha au i ka 'olelo no ka mea nani loa 'o ia.

'Ae, Kulaiwi is a great place to start. If you don't like it, I would also recommend the 8-CD set "Instant Emersion Hawaiian" and the book and CD set "Learn Hawaiian at Home." I have them both and study with those as well.

Anyone wanna ho'oma'ama'a? Please e-mail, PM, or IM me!

A hui hou,
    'Alika
    'Alika

Comment

Aloha mai! Mahalo nui for the link. I already signed up for my free lessons in 'olelo Hawai'i for adults just now. I can't wait!
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I am please it was a blessing to someone!
        http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

I have NO idea
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Oh! RIGHT ON BRA! Wow, das one BEEEG regret I have in life, I never kept up w/ my Hawai'ian Language. Well, better late then never.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
              I never kept up w/ my Hawai'ian Language. Well, better late then never.
              Good for you! I can pronounce Hawaiian words correctly, I can spell 'em right, I even understand quite a few now - but I am not fluent by any stretch of the imagination.

But I CAN tell you that you don't use the `okina in the word "Hawaiian," because it's an English word. In the language itself, you would be calling the Hawaiian language `olelo Hawai`i. End of lesson - you can run with it from there!

Comment

Right On, just what I need!

Comment

And if you need any additional kokua (help) when you learn, please e-mail me. I'll be glad to help.

'Alika
                  'Alika

Comment

Oh, I'll be glad to kokua anyone too. Please e-mail me or PM me. I am not that fluent in 'olelo Hawai'i but I can get by.

Alana
                    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Good for you! I can pronounce Hawaiian words correctly, I can spell 'em right, I even understand quite a few now - but I am not fluent by any stretch of the imagination.

But I CAN tell you that you don't use the `okina in the word "Hawaiian," because it's an English word. In the language itself, you would be calling the Hawaiian language `olelo Hawai`i. End of lesson - you can run with it from there!
                      Aloha mai:

May I suggest that if someone wants to correct someone else, that it be done in an e-mail or PM so that no one thinks that the person being corrected is challenged, as that's how it is in Hawaiian thinking. Mahalo nui.

'Alika
                      'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                        May I suggest...
                        You certainly may, `Alika (and publicly, I note) - mahalo nui.

However, as this error occurs commonly on this board, the information may be of use to many more than the one poster. Fortunately, Hot Dog's response leads me to believe that he/she did not feel challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          You certainly may, `Alika (and publicly, I note) - mahalo nui.

However, as this error occurs commonly on this board, the information may be of use to many more than the one poster. Fortunately, Hot Dog's response leads me to believe that he/she did not feel challenged.
                          Yes, but it's just that I don't want something like that to happen between others in the future as well. I just like to throw that out there once in a while as a reminder for all.

Aloha,
                          'Alika
                          'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                            Yes, but it's just that I don't want something like that to happen between others in the future as well. I just like to throw that out there once in a while as a reminder for all.

Aloha,
                            'Alika
                            But, Alika, "corrections" happen all the time on HT. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't involve an attack on the one who makes the mistake. Tact and diplomacy, such as Leo Lakio displayed, go a long way and others can learn something valuable in the process. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted the `okina lesson to go private. I filed it under "I learn something new everyday"! That's a good thing.

Comment

I bought a CD that teaches hawaiian and personally haven't used it. It was part of our daughters' homeschooling curriculum. Are they fluent? LOL nope....I think their friends have taught them as much as the CD, but the thing does have to be IN the 'puter to work.

Free is a cool idea and I hope a lot of people grab it with gusto.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
                              X