Kind of wet summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of wet summer

Doesn't it seem that this summer is wetter than previous summers as in the occurences of rain showers? It seems that almost every morning there are brief showers.

Re: Kind of wet summer

It's so irksome, this kind of weather. Mostly pleasant, but every two hours or so, a rain shower. Sometimes it's light enough to just sit for a few minutes and get wet, wait for the sun to dry your clothes. Other times it gets heavy enough to seek shelter (and then wait for the bench where you had been sitting to dry off).

I wish they'd built UH-Manoa in Waianae, instead.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      Doesn't it seem that this summer is wetter than previous summers as in the occurences of rain showers? It seems that almost every morning there are brief showers.
      Considering that it's been a wet winter, it's not surprising. And really, this is closer to "normal" than the last few years of drought have been. Sudden summer downpours, ahh.

Comment

I can't believe it... I live in Mililani Mauka and every morning for the last week it's been raining. I can't even get any yard work done cause the ground is too wet. This is starting off to be one strange summer. Waddaya think?

Comment

I'm with Glen. This is the way I've known it to be since I was a kid. The last decade or whatever of complete dryness was what was weird. This is, to me, the way it's supposed to be. The passing tradewind showers in the summer, and a really wet winter. I'm just waiting for a good hurricane. That's way overdue.

Comment

I can live with the summer showers in the morning and at night. As far as hurricanes, as long they don't hit the islands let them form and pass to the north of us. And if it does hit, lets hope it's a tropical depression when it makes land fall.

Comment

Atleast its not that hot. Unlike on the mainland, where they don't even have showers. Its a small price we have to pay for living here in paradise.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
              X