What Magazines Do You Read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Magazines Do You Read?

I used to be a magazine fanatic. But, about 2 years ago, I let them all expire. This past weekend, I went thru my mountain of Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines, and dumped them all. Gulp. It was a little difficult to let go. But, I figure I can get all the information and news I need on my hobbies and interests from internet sources, so no more magazines for me.

What magazines do you read?

Re: What Magazines Do You Read?

Art Culinare

Pop Sci, sometimes I read through a Maxim or Stuff. Have mounds of cooking mags though, need to sort through them as well.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Faves= Fine Woodworking, Fine Homebuilding, Sports Illustrated, Hawaii Fishing News

Comment

Tree-killing, environmentally unfriendly glossy magazines seem so last century, but I've not eliminated them from my life yet. Even though I consume a frightening amount of information online. (See Google Reader.) I have gotten to the point where I don't like paying very much for them, though, so perhaps that's progress?

Right now, we have several magazines subscriptions thanks to Coke's "My Coke Rewards" cap-code program. They're getting my money for bad-for-you soda, anyway, so why not cash in on the promotional goodies? So, there's Wired and Time and Newsweek and Gourmet and a few other newsweeklies and "home and garden" type titles I suddenly can't remember coming to the house... often much faster than I can get to reading them.

Of course, I batch 'em up and bring 'em to the office, and they get a lot of use there, so I don't feel too bad.

Comment

* Macleans (Canadian newsweekly, to stay in touch with what happens in that huge country just a short ride north of my home.)
          * National Geographic (which I do NOT pile up on shelves at home; I read 'em cover-to-cover, then turn some of the full-page photos into envelopes.)
          * Honolulu and Hawai`i magazines, both given to us as gift subscriptions.

Comment

[QUOTE=Leo Lakio;163693]* National Geographic (which I do NOT pile up on shelves at home; I read 'em cover-to-cover, then turn some of the full-page photos into envelopes.)[QUOTE]

Ah, I do that with my old Cat Fancy magazines! I turn their 'centerfold' cat photos into envelopes.

Comment

Atomic Ranch Magazine - a home magazine dedicated to Mid Century Modern (50's - 70's) Atomic, Jet Age style ranch houses.

TIKI Magazine - Tiki Culture

DWELL - Another Modern home magazine, focusing on newer Modern homes and architecture

Hawaii Magazine - can't get enough of Hawaii :-)
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

National Geographic (which my husband piles on any and all shelves within reach), Sports Illustrated and an occasional Newsweek. Every few months, I'll pick-up a copy of People magazine for what my girlfriend refers to as a "dose of sludge."

Comment

Wired, PC Magazine, Inc, and Entrepreneur.
                  "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

The last two magazines I subscribed to were MacWorld and Popular Photography. I let those lapse about 2 years ago as I get more timely info on many of the same things these paper publications cover online.

I also got Hawaii Business magazine until recently too.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The local schools have been using magazine subscriptions as fundraisers, and so we'll subscribe to show support but will let the subscription expire without renewal.

Parent.
                      People.
                      Golf.
                      Business Week.

It's really just bathroom material.
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

I used to read Playboy but then I realized that one doesn't actually read them.

I used to read National Geographic but then I became old enough to subscribe to Playboy.

Joking aside...my favorite mag rag is Maximum PC and Smart PC. I stopped reading Honolulu Magazine after the scent of those perfume inserts became too much. Great articles but geez for a while my wife thought I was cheating on her with the scent of another woman in my car.

One magazine I keep telling myself to renew is Popular Science. I grew up reading those since the mid 60's.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Physics Today - But I only look at the pictures .

Comment

Invention & Technology, QST, CQ, CQ VHF, 2600

Comment

I read Entertainment Weekly. It all I need for my pop-culture fix.
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X