UH Warrior vs. LA Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warrior vs. LA Tech

Generally I'm not one to start these sports threads, but er... um.. on the radio at 1420 AM.... sounds like Hawaii is behind 31 - 28 in the 4th QTR.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: UH Warrior vs. LA Tech

35-31 Manoa, right now.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Okay. Dumb sports question. When someone says, "35-31 Manoa," does the team name always attach to the latter score? All this time I thought it indicated whichever team was in the lead. Hmm. Obviously, I'm not a sports person.

In any case, yes, we trail by three in the 4th quarter, and just made first down on the LA Tech 23. Nailbiter!

Comment

goin into OT with 38-38 .....Wa happen
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Yep. Hawaii made 1 TD in OT + extra point... LA Tech just got 1st down on a Hawaii offside penalty.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Egads. Game goes to overtime. Hawaii explodes with a touchdown in two plays! Warriors lead Louisiana Tech 45-38. But, we're hit with offsides and give LA Tech an easy first down, and they take two plays to tie. Whew!

Comment

AHHH... you beat me , yep 45-38 da score.
              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Louisiana Tech went for two. Gutsy.

Gerard Louis knocked it down.

Hawaii wins in overtime, 45-44.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Comment

I hope this keeps Heisman alive.... final score 45-44.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Talk about gutsy play by LT, with the kine upsets today I was like oh oh, Now I can go eat.....
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      I hope this keeps Heisman alive.... final score 45-44.
                      Colt's Heisman hopes are alive. But UH will very likely slip in the polls by a few spots after this close shave.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Okay. Dumb sports question. When someone says, "35-31 Manoa," does the team name always attach to the latter score? All this time I thought it indicated whichever team was in the lead.
                        It does refer to the team in the lead. Did I have the score backward at that moment? Sorry. Was trying to follow on the radio, with the live updates on ESPN.com, while working in my classroom. Kinda distracted.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          Colt's Heisman hopes are alive. But UH will very likely slip in the polls by a few spots after this close shave.
                          Not likely to lose position in the next poll. Several other teams above UH lost today. A win is a win, no matter how thin, and is infinitely better than a so-called "GOOD LOSS."

UH overcame several huge mistakes (fumbles, INT), but still managed to get by.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            Louisiana Tech went for two. Gutsy.
                            Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                            Talk about gutsy play by LT
                            I don't think it was "gutsy" at all. I think it was dumb. A complete gamble, and with really crappy odds. If LT had gone for the extra point instead, they'd have tied and perhaps gone into a second overtime period. Instead, LT simply gave away the game. Dumb.
                            Trying for a two-pointer against the 20th ranked team in the country? Dumb.
                            A real nailbiter of a game, though.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              I don't think it was "gutsy" at all. I think it was dumb.
                              I disagree. LaTech knew it couldn't match Hawaii possession-for-possession. It had done well on short-yardage situations throughout the game. It was playing at home against a ranked opponent. Playing for two was gutsy but not stupid; I think it was a calculated risk.

What I do think is odd was Hawaii winning the toss and accepting the first overtime possession. I like it! I like that Hawaii knows it can put pressure on the opponent by striking first and striking fast, which is exactly what it did.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X