Maui resident busted for bomb prank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui resident busted for bomb prank

Hard to believe in these days of paranoia over terrorist attacks that a supposed smart college kid, attending MIT of all places, decided that she would, as an art project, wire herself up with a motherboard, wires and Play-Doh and go to Logan Airport dressed that way.

She's just lucky that cooler heads prevailed than at that college the other day; she would have been shot dead instead of thrown in jail if the cops had been trigger happy there.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Maui resident busted for bomb prank

Too bad they didn`t give her extra credit in the slammer. I`m sure that would have scrared the crap out of her, like she must have done to people at the airport. Talk about no brains.
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Wat was she thinking? Bright and promising future...all pau.

Sad.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Why didn't they taser her over and over? Seems to be the popular thing to do lately.

Comment

I did notice that her last name is Simpson...Homer and OJ, now Star. She may be going to MIT, which presumably requires brain cells, but she seems to lack common sense. Did she just wake up that morning and think, "Hey, I'll strap on a fake bomb and go pick up my boyfriend at the airport because it'll be like art!"?

Comment

What a [insert expletive here] idiot.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
              Why didn't they taser her over and over? Seems to be the popular thing to do lately.
              bawahahahahaha...aahhhhh that was the funniest thing I've heard all day.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                Yeah that would have made her think, stupid idiot from Maui! Oh wait I from Maui too
                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                  Yeah that would have made her think, stupid idiot from Maui! Oh wait I from Maui too
                  Yeah, but you neva was edumacated at Hawaii Prep or MIT. Das why you not that lolo.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    Yeah, but you neva was edumacated at Hawaii Prep or MIT. Das why you not that lolo.

Miulang
                    Thankyou Miulang for the heads up. You see what happens when kids think they so dam smutt!!!! Then you wonder why kids act lo-lo.
                    Spoiled as why, I like, I like, I like....
                    No sense of family values. Parents are we giving our kids too much??
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Unless she was on her way to a Rave Party not a smart *LOL* move to be waltzing at ANY airports nowdays.
                      Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what not to do when travelling.

Comment

Sighs.

Honestly, I'm trying to get into her head to understand why she made a boneheaded move. According to one news report, the so-called "fake bomb strapped attached to the shirt" is artwork with a "Socket To Me" written on it. It was also meant to be some kind of a humorous message for her boyfriend arriving at that airport.

Does she have friends? Did she even ask her friends at MIT her opinion on her "fashioinable clothing." I mean, if I were her friend and she asked me something along the line: "I'm going to wear this 'Socket To Me' shirt with fake circuit board and play-doh to the airport. If you see me at the airport, would you think artwork or bomb?"

OF COURSE I'M GONNA TELL HER IT LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGIN' BOMB!

Sighs. Sorry, I had to vent. Intelligent but not bright.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                          art project
                          I think that explains a lot.

I've met some nice artists, but art seems to be the flame that attracts many a strange moth.

Comment

Was it really art or was it her last minute defense? She does go to MIT so she's not dumb, just poorly misguided on this venture.

Comment

What's even weirder is that the "career day" that was held at MIT for which she ostensibly created her little "art project" was held the day before. No one (not any of her classmates or professors, apparently) who may have seen her walking around the Cambridge campus said anything to her about how it probably wasn't such a hot idea to be walking around in public dressed that way. And to prove how "proud" she was of her getup, she then proceeded to wear the same outfit the next day to the airport, of all places, to show her BF?

It's really spooky how these really smart kids (computer hackers are the same way) only live in the moment but never stop to consider the consequences of their actions.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X