Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your vehicle to work?

^topic^

Since I'm a college student, I take the Route A bus from the Waipahu Transit to school (Heald College).

What about you?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What is your vehicle to work?

Like a great majority of Hawaii's taxpaying motorists... my car.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Either the "9" or the "A" going in the other direction.

Comment

Mini Cooper. Small, good mileage. Easy to park. Cheap. I drive everywhere for work anyway (I have 150+-mile days sometimes) and a big car is just retarded. If I didn't have to drive I'd bus it or ride a bike.

Comment

"Thank you for riding with MTA, New York City Transit. Stand clear of the closing doors."

Bing-bong!

Comment

Yes, Mel, but what kindof car? Dick, I didn't know you drove a Mini... although of course thinking about it now, it makes perfect sense.

Mike Leidemann just published a follow-up piece to an older article in which he proclaimed his loyalty to his 1990 Honda. The responses he documents contain many "me too" testimonials in favor of the trusty old steed over the latest and greatest.

I don't think I'll ever drive a new car. I used to love older American cars. My first car, picked up for $300 in 1991, was a 1974 Chevy Nova Concours. My dad helped me clean it up so well, it sold for $1,200 a little over a year later. My favorite car was a 1977 Hurst-Olds, a special-edition beauty.

Of course, as a dad I now have to be practical. While I now drive a boxy minivan, it follows my longtime preference for buying used rather than new. I'm hoping in the next year to upgrade my wife's Ford sedan to another van... but I'll be looking for something from before 2001. Though some of the newer models are pretty nice, the headaches that go with owning a brand new car (including the 'just off the lot' depreciation effect) are just something I'd rather avoid.

So, c'mon, fellow motorists, tell us about your ride!

Comment

Er, shank's mare.

I drive a 1997 Geo (hey, I just went over 40K miles!) around when I need to get somewhere.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

lately, it's been my husband's old 73 dodge "fred sanford "truck!!! hafta put in brake fluid &water all da time!!but!! i did learn how to start it with a screwdriver ..haha!! just this morning..my son offered me his 97 red jeep grand cherokee!! whew!!! i feel soooo "tall" drivin it..haha....take care...

Comment

I drive a '98 Camry, and hope to never drive another make of car. It is so reliable, just a new battery, and new tires before long, that's about it. My mom and both sisters drove same thing for years, and they all gave this make of car rave reviews, so that's why I bought one off the lot, and it looks like will drive it no-tellin how many more years. Not bad on gas either, and it's a V-6.
                  Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Yes, Mel, but what kindof car? ......... So, c'mon, fellow motorists, tell us about your ride!
                    OK, I updated the never seen webpage I maintain just for my car. I drive a 1993 Toyota Corolla that I bought used a few years ago. Toyotas are very good cars and generally last a long time if you take care of them.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

i drive my only car...2003 audi TT. i dunno who i love more--my car or my gf; of course, my gf. my car doesn't nag me like my gf. i think i spoil & treat my car better than i treat my gf ...i know that's bad..
                      Last edited by easTTriver; August 5, 2004, 10:10 AM.
                      Fair and Balanced

Comment

Love that "A" bus .... well, except when it's on weekend schedule.

Comment

"Stand clear of the closing doors"

That brought back memories.

These days, in Honolulu, the buses are getting more and more talkative. "For the convenience of boarding passengers, please use the rear exit", "please advise the driver and exit through the front door when removing your bike from the bike rack" (never mind boarding passengers), and "for your safety please use crosswalks before crossing the street".

Not surprisingly, the majority of passengers seem to ignore all this chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                            Love that "A" bus .... well, except when it's on weekend schedule.
                            Or when it rains (the path I take after leaving TheBus gets muddy when it rains).

Comment

Have a 1998 Honda Civic as the daily runner to work. With all the crazy home prices in the SF bay area, a lot of people have to suffer through the 60+ mile commutes from the somewhat affordable home prices in the outer areas. I remember when driving from Mililani to UH Manoa was considered "far." These days, it's a walk in a park for me..

The weekend cruiser is a 2002 BMW M3. Great car to have to handle the road twisties near my place. Sure, car insurance and gas sure hits the wallet hard, but hearing the car roar when downshifting from 6 to 3 makes it all worth it...call it self therapy for those 14 hour work days..

Comment

Working...
                              X