No announcement yet.

How much time do you spend on the web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time do you spend on the web?

...For recreation, not work-related? I used to spend hours a day, on message boards and just surfing around... now it's down to less than an hour.
    Less than an hour a day
    4.76%
    Up to two hours a day
    28.57%
    Two to three hours a day
    28.57%
    Up to four hours a day
    14.29%
    More?
    23.81%

Re: How much time do you spend on the web?

Most of my time is 'work related', at least that's how I justify it. I don't get any complaints from the "Peanut Gallery", and I think as much as I like to "take a break" and log on, they too need a break from me.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Lemme me check...

hmmmm...

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

More than I used to, now that I'm unemplo...(*ahem*)..."working from home."

Comment

Actually it varies for me. Most days it's over 4 hours a day. Other days it might be less.

Comment

Honestly, I'm with auntie on this one...
            Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            Lemme me check...

hmmmm...

Auntie Lynn
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Shoulda said up to three hours. I take quick peek at e-mails in the morning, then check in several times the rest of the day (and night).

Been traveling a lot, but still make an effort to get online.
              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I play around on the web for fun.

I play around on the web for my job.

When we're finally able to jack into cyberspace a la William Gibson, I'm never leaving.

Comment

How much time I have to play around on the web is directly related to my school schedule. In the Fall and Spring semesters, I barely have time to keep up on reading recent posts here on HT. In the off time I tend to be on line more (and post more).

Comment

I try to spend less than an hour a day... but I think it adds up to about two hours a day... my math could be off tho.

Comment

some weeks I don't ever get off.

sometimes days go by without firing it up.

depends on what my life/work dictates.

pax

Comment

When I lived in SF I spent hours on the internet ~ Google junkie, but now that I moved I check e-mail and HT do some banking and Iā€™m off. Was off line for a couple of months with the exception of going to the local coffee shop to answer e-mails and it kind of weaned me from my addiction.
                        "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

I run a fan site for my favorite artist and also contribute regularly to the forum on his website. I'm in the process of sorting through over 700 newspaper articles that a friend sent me that I need to post. I still have a few hundred to sort through for the first pass and then go to the scond pass. Still a lot of work to do but I'm a huge and loyal fan. I've been adding articles and he's been recovering and uploading posts that went missing after some idiot didn't back up the board when they changed servers.

My site is http://groups.msn.com/LeeKernaghanFans. The membership continues to grow - over 260 at last count. Been working on the site for a few years now. Lee is the most awesome country artist I've ever heard. Unfortunately, he's not much interested in conquering the US market and is content in Australia. However ... he's the best kept secret. Lee has recognised my site on national Australian country radio, which is really nice.

So I'm supporting two big sites and contribute on a few others. Plus, I'm looking for work and search the job boards a lot.

Gotta check my email umpteen times a day to see if I got anything from recruiters.

Comment

Hi, My name is Tikiyaki.

I am an computerholic.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Has Hawaii gone asleep ? It's only 11.30 a.m. here. I have spent more time on the internet during the past week 'cos I cracked a few ribs and it's been painful to get out and about much.
                              Still it's great to be able to register here and meet you nice people.

Comment

Working...
                              X