Aloha from SoCal.....m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from SoCal.....m

Thought I would stop in and introduce myself. I first visited the Aloha State in 1976 with a stay on Maui and a tourist trip to Honolulu with my mom and brother. This summer I took my husband and kids to the BI staying at the Waikoloa Marriott. We had such a fantastic experience!

My son (16yo) learned how to surf and my daughter (9yo) swam with the dolphins at the Hilton. We enjoyed the turtles and the ancient fish ponds. Went horseback riding on Parker Ranch and did the Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of the island. Of course, we spent a lot of time relaxing on the beautiful beaches and eating wonderful food. My husband ate mahi-mahi and sticky rice every morning!

Suffice it to say, we are tossing around the idea of relocating to the BI when he retires from his current job in five years and begins his 2nd career. I am a middle school teacher and have already checked into the requirements to teach in your state.

Long intro so Mahalo for reading. (I mostly lurk but will find the time to post occasionally.)

Sue
    "Change your thoughts and you change your world." Norman Vincent Peale

Re: Aloha from SoCal.....m

Aloha from Maui, where in So.Cal are you from?
    Last time been there was in 2004 (Laguna Hill) (Corona del mar) and to L.A.
    My Youngest girl (23) going to Disneyland this coming Friday. Maybe next year my turn.
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by SueCasa View Post
      This summer I took my husband and kids to the BI staying at the Waikoloa Marriott. We had such a fantastic experience!

My son (16yo) learned how to surf and my daughter (9yo) swam with the dolphins at the Hilton. We enjoyed the turtles and the ancient fish ponds. Went horseback riding on Parker Ranch and did the Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of the island. Of course, we spent a lot of time relaxing on the beautiful beaches and eating wonderful food. My husband ate mahi-mahi and sticky rice every morning!

Sue
      First of all, Aloha and Welcome to HawaiiThreads.com!

I keep coming back to read your post. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay on the BI. Such a different experience from the one I had last week with my fiance. heheheh

Nope. No dolphins foa us. The nearest Dolphins I see is at Sea Life Park. Turtles are often seen swimming in the ocean where they are supposed to be swimming freely in the wild. You all brave...helicopter tours? No way, Jose. I scared.

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, we have Beautiful Beaches and onolicious KauKau! Sticky rice? Da bess!! Goes well with Blood Sausage mashed with sunny side eggs in the morning!

If he enjoyed the mahi-mahi, did he try the sashimi or the ahi poke? Ohhh! It's delicious. Especially, with an iced cold beer looking at the sunset from your hotel room.

Yeah. Hawai`i no ka oi!

Come to our islands...we got da bess money can buy.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha and e komo mai! Pehea 'oe?
        'Alika

Comment

Aloha and e komo mai to Hawaii Threads! Keep on posting.

Alana
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by SueCasa View Post
            ...we are tossing around the idea of relocating to the BI when he retires from his current job in five years and begins his 2nd career. I am a middle school teacher and have already checked into the requirements to teach in your state.Sue
            Aloha Sue,

Your vacation on the B.I. sounds wonderful. While seeing the dolphins in the wild brings me much more joy, the Dolphin Quest program must have been so awesome for your daughter. I'm about due for a Kohala side vacation :-) We live up near Volcanoes National Park sort of in between Hilo and Punalu`u. It's cold up here at night, but the coqui and mega bugs don't like it either, so it's a nice tradeoff.

Anyway wanted to say that I taught high school here and at a treatment center. And two of my kids went to school here. This was in late 80's and early 90's, but if you want to private message me, I might be able to answer a few questions.

Where are you in Southern Cal? I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley.

Aloha and welcome :-)

Cindy
            Hawaii Eco Travel Budget Guides
            www.CoconutRoads.com
            "Taking you to the Heart of Hawaii"

Comment

Mahalo for the warm welcome....m

Hubby is now looking at retiring in ten years which will give a greater retirement income. Plus it will give me a chance to build up my retirement. So, we will be planning vacations to the BI between now and then.

As to where I currently live--I grew up in Arizona and then lived most of my life in San Diego. About three years ago we moved to Temecula/Southwest Riverside County to get out of the rat race. Temecula is a commuter area with people generally working in San Diego, Orange County and L.A. Population is about 97,000.

My new avitar is of the plumeria tree growing on my patio. Hubby ordered a couple of starter plants from HawaiiOrchids and they seem to be doing well. My hibiscus that I bought at the airport on the way back isn't doing much of anything!

It is so much fun to read the posts on HT; gets me right back on the Island!

Aloha,
              Sue
              "Change your thoughts and you change your world." Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Working...
              X