Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

I can't believe it. Cornell University president is actually giving the Iranian nutcase an honest lickin.

The National Press Club gave him a warm and pleasent Q and A with respect in their voice that the President of the United States would never get.

But give it to Cornell's President. The guy is starting the Q and A with a 20 minute thrashing of the poor beedy eyed Hitler of the Middle East.

Can't believe the fool hasn't got up and walked out yet.

THIS IS WHAT LIBERALISM IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!!!!

Re: WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

Hilarious, gotta listen to the female Iranian translator.

She is translating so quickly and full of emotion that it seems like she isn't translating but just reading a prepared speech. She sounds like a professional Iranian actress who has rehearsed this a million times.

Bruddah blinks way more often then Bush.

Answers every question with another question. Has not answered a single question.

Just said that there are no homosexuals in Iran.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; September 24, 2007, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
      Just said that there are no homosexuals in Iran.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzMuHyg8Eg

Comment

I was disgusted when I learned he was even being given an audience in our country and now I am smiling that he was given a hard time, and yet I would never have sat politely and given him an audience myself.
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Um, it was Columbia University, not Cornell. Cornell is the ag college in upstate NY.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            Um, it was Columbia University, not Cornell. Cornell is the ag college in upstate NY.

Miulang
            Ayyeeeahh. My bad. I get confused between all those left wing universities that start with C.

Still Miulang, how did you feel with the Pres of a left wing university like colombia giving the Iranian dirty lickens.

Bet you lefties are a little confused.

I am sure the Iranian President was shocked since he expected the stupid American left to embrace him.

Must be confusing for you, no?

Comment

Ayyeeeahh. My bad. I get confused between all those left wing universities that start with C.

Still Miulang, how did you feel with the Pres of a left wing university like colombia giving the Iranian dirty lickens.

Bet you lefties are a little confused.

I am sure the Iranian President was shocked since he expected the stupid American left to embrace him.

Must be confusing for you, no?
              Nah. I just find it amusing that the White House didn't allow Ahmadinejahd to lay a wreath at Ground Zero (where he wasn't planning to utter a single word) but did allow him to speak at Columbia. If the Iranian Pres. thought he would use the opportunity for spreading propaganda, I'm sure the White House thought the exact same thing, but for different reasons.

Surely you know that the majority of Iranians don't like their President, and that we have spent years sending money to the political underground over there to undermine his power. But all the real power rests with the Mullahs and the Supreme Council.

So when Iranians see (via the internet) that their President is being booed by Americans, many are probably cheering a little inside because it confirms their beliefs about him. I haven't seen the transcript or the tape of the program yet, but if in fact the professors who asked him questions did pin him against a wall, that's a good thing for people to see in this country. Ahmadinejahd was a college professor, so for him it was more like a debate between colleagues.

If we are to have an open society, we have to be open to all kinds of opinions, especially those to which we may disagree. This is not a black or white, right or wrong world anymore. There are so many shades of gray, and you need critical thinking abilities in order to separate the truth from fact. And sometimes the truth is predicated by a whole series of "but"s.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; September 24, 2007, 03:20 PM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

This is what the official Iranian News Agency (IRNA) reported to its citizens today about Ahmadinejad's speech.

And you wonder how wars get started?

Miulang

Comment

This is what the official Iranian News Agency (IRNA) reported to its citizens today about Ahmadinejad's speech.

Miulang
                  Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

That was funny.

Feel sorry for them.

It is their ignorance that will lead to war. The Persians and the Arabs are ignorant by choice.

Sad really but funny to me.

Comment

My only regret is that they didn't arrest him and send him to a black hole. One can talk about open minded critical thinking and feel oh so intellectual and worldly or one can look at the truth of who this man is - a crazy ass madman who clearly states his intentions towards Israel and the free peoples of the Western world. I don't need to hear him lie from a podium that our freedoms provide to understand this man is a threat. And whether you (Miulang) believe it or not, there are some things that are black and white. An inability to see right and wrong is due to the flabby intellect which spews forth from the wellspring of moral and cultural relativism.
                    Last edited by glossyp; September 24, 2007, 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

Miulang
                      Illegal satillite hookups, and methods of bypassing government enforced internet filters are more common in Iran than outsiders may think. I'm sure a lot of people were able to watch the full speech on Fox News or Iranian American "exile" television.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                        My only regret is that they didn't arrest him and send him to a black hole. One can talk about open minded critical thinking and feel oh so intellectual and worldly or one can look at the truth of who this man is - a crazy ass madman who clearly states his intentions towards Israel and the free peoples of the Western world. I don't need to hear him lie from a podium that our freedoms provide to understand this man is a threat. And whether you (Miulang) believe it or not, there are some things that are black and white. An inability to see right and wrong is due to the flabby intellect which spews forth from the wellspring of moral and cultural relativism.
                        He is as much a pawn of this government by being allowed to speak at Columbia as he is trying to make us pawns for his own agenda in Iran. Trust me on that one. The State Dept. could have forbidden him from giving any speeches outside of the UN, which is neutral ground. But they didn't. If they didn't want him in this country at all, why did the State Dept. approve his visa to enter this country? His plane probably landed at JFK, which is NOT neutral territory. Tell me why our government, which is so anxious to go to war with Iran, was willing to let him speak anywhere in this country, then? And why did they say that while he couldn't go lay a wreath at ground zero, that he could travel anywhere within a 25-mile radius of the UN? They could have restricted him to the UN and the hotel he and his entourage are staying at.

Lastly, if there are some things that are black and white (like our laws are supposed to be), why then is it when people break the law sometimes that they get off because of mitigating circumstances? Why can people plead mental incompetence in murder trials and escape the death penalty?

Miulang
                        Last edited by Miulang; September 24, 2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

im pretty sure there is some stipulation for NY being the United Nations headquarters for allowing heads of governments access to and from UN headquarters whether from JFK, LGA or EWR.

I understood there is a 24 mile radius from which someone is allowed to freely travel, but a city can more than likely restrict access to a particular location.

fascinating listening to parts of his speech. I dont agree at all with what he says. maybe there are no gays in Iran because they are executed..

graphic photo:
                          http://www.ilga.org/news_results.asp...FileCategory=1
                          Last edited by Kaukura; September 24, 2007, 05:35 PM.
                          n'importe

Comment

Trust me on that one.
                            Miulang
                            Miulang,

I literally burst into laughter when I read that line.

I trust you on nothing beyond towing the left wing line.

But its nice the world is made up of different people anyway.

Comment

Miulang,

I literally burst into laughter when I read that line.

I trust you on nothing beyond towing the left wing line.

But its nice the world is made up of different people anyway.
                              At least I made you think first, didn't I? And remember what Mark Twain said:
                              ["Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain
                              Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X