Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai'i Foods website

Link: http://www.hawaiifoods.hawaii.edu/index.asp

You want to know how many calories are in that Spam Musubi you have for a quick snack or lunch? What about that teriyaki beef in your mini plate lunch? Check out the website (link above).

Granted, they still need to add more to the database, like hamburger steak, fried noodle, pork hash, shoyu chicken, etc.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: Hawai'i Foods website

253 calories, 42 carbs, & 6 grams of fat in one manini spam musubi -- now that's depressing. Good information on this site...but sometimes I rather not know!
    So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

I saw this on the news this morning! A chicken katsu plate at 1200+ calories!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! Maybe since I am old it is time to start sharing that regular size plate with hubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
        Good information on this site...but sometimes I rather not know!
        Well, you know what they say about knowledge: forearmed is forewarned. At least you'll know when to walk an extra mile or do more sets of sit-ups. Or make your own healthier homemade musubi.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          Well, you know what they say about knowledge: forearmed is forewarned. At least you'll know when to walk an extra mile or do more sets of sit-ups. Or make your own healthier homemade musubi.
          *sigh* Yes, I know. You're right. *sigh* I'm always reasing books and websites trying to stay healthy....but Spam Musubi! There IS no substitute!
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
            *sigh* Yes, I know. You're right. *sigh* I'm always reasing books and websites trying to stay healthy....but Spam Musubi! There IS no substitute!
            Not even Spam Lite or Turkey Spam? They're available in your nearest supermarket.

Comment

I think the new Web site will be a valuable tool and a great resource that may help its users make better choices and stay healthier, longer.

Having said that, sometimes you jes' gotta go for da gusto, you know?

If I'm at 7-11 jonesing for a Spam musubi, I'm not going to worry about whether it's the low-salt type. If I'm making it at home, I WILL use the lite Spam with less salt (sorry Ryan, I know you're a purist).

If I want to control the salt or fat in my cooking at home, I do -- and that is most of the time.

HOWEVER -- sometimes, I don't. I use bacon grease or butter for my roux. Which fat I use depends on whether I have bacon grease saved in a container in the fridge -- and depending on what food the gravy is intended to complement.

It's pretty easy to lighten up recipes that contain unhealthy amounts of fat, salt and other delicious but naughty things, but you know, sometimes, eh, moderation is BODDERATION!
              I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I have to say that the ratio of fat, cholesterol and calories all varies depending on the quality of the food and how you make it.

Unfortunately, the rule still stands: The best tasting food is probably not very healthy for you.

Comment

Working...
                X