Seeking 2 inch quad machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking 2 inch quad machine

If anyone locally has one of these machines let me know, they are about as big as a refrigerator or two, so they weigh a ton. I've contacted KHET, KGMB, KHON, Bishop Museum, etc. and have had no luck thus far.

I keep hearing that if you want 2 inch quad tapes played, you need to send them to a video lab in California.

Well if it's possible to do this locally in Hawaii, I'd prefer to do that. I'm nervous, hesitant, etc. to send footage to the mainland and have something happen to it.

Mahalo!

Aj

Re: Seeking 2 inch quad machine

I was at KHET when we threw away our 2" quad machines. We loaded them all up in a big truck and drove them over to the Kailua landfill. There we had great fun setting up all the machines in a small circle that looked for all the world like Stonehenge! That was clearly the end of the 2 inch quad capability at KHET.

A few years later (early 90s?) I saw the last 2 inch quad leave KITV. Haven't seen one since.

Can you share what the footage is that you have on that format? Must be some classic TV there!

Aloha,

Slick
    Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

Re: Seeking 2 inch quad machine

Originally posted by Slick View Post
      I was at KHET when we threw away our 2" quad machines. We loaded them all up in a big truck and drove them over to the Kailua landfill. There we had great fun setting up all the machines in a small circle that looked for all the world like Stonehenge! That was clearly the end of the 2 inch quad capability at KHET.

A few years later (early 90s?) I saw the last 2 inch quad leave KITV. Haven't seen one since.

Can you share what the footage is that you have on that format? Must be some classic TV there!

Aloha,

Slick
      Local tv shows, sports and newscasts all in the 1970-1974 timeframe!

Oh well if I have to hand deliver them and take them to California to get them transferred over I will!

Thanks!

Aj

Comment

Working...
      X