Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Japan!

HEy ya people.
    Living in Japan for the last 9 years and may have just found a good reason to come and live in Oahu!!!! super stoked!!
    Basically I am super into surfing and fitness, stay positive and enjoy sharing good times with good people!
    If this new work thing sorts itself out then this aussie surfer born in the states will be winging his way out to your little paradise in the pacific so a big Aloha! and as they say over here in ol' Nippon, Yoroshiku Ne!

Re: Aloha from Japan!

Aloha and Welcome to HawaiiThreads.com surfphotog! Hold on to your board, the waves gets pretty rough around hea! Looking forward to seeing ya on the "board." No pun intended.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Irrashaimase

Originally posted by surfphotog View Post
      HEy ya people.
      Basically I am super into surfing and fitness, stay positive and enjoy sharing good times with good people!
      Fitness eh? Do any martial arts? I'd like to do kendo in Japan someday.
      Last edited by Vanguard; October 7, 2007, 09:03 AM.

Comment

ALOHA surfphotog welcome to HT!
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          Irrashaimase

Fitness eh? Do any martial arts? I'd like to do kendo in Japan someday.
          Yes total newb at it though.
          I started studying with my friend Alexei Kononnenko, he is 6 time all japan kudo, full contact middle heavy weight champ.

thanks for all the shouts outs guys, well nice to be welcomed, as for them waves yeah, think I will approach in baby steps, surf them taifun swells out here, but nothing compares to hawaii, them waves gve me a bad beating first time I played with them.

Comment

Welcome, and have fun!

Comment

Konichiwa! (stands up and bows)
              'Alika

Comment

where in japan do you live? i used to live in saga (kyushu) and later in niigata. great place...
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

konnichiwa!

I live up north in Sendai, you are right Japan is an awesome place to live, but hey 9 years is long enough for me anywhere.

Comment

i hear you; in all, i was there almost ten years but that little town in niigata was as close to paradise as i've ever come: a population of about 10,000, super safe, left my keys in the car, didn't care if i locked my apartment door, two parallel mountain ranges, at least 8 feet of snow every winter, fresh water rivers, tons of hiking trails, etc... see you when u get here!
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

shaveice,

What's the name of the town?

Where in relation to Niigata?

Many mountains around there.

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                        shaveice,

What's the name of the town?

Where in relation to Niigata?

Many mountains around there.
                        howzit! the name of the town is yamato-machi. you can find it here:

http://www.traveljournals.net/explor...ato-machi.html

it's far away from niigata city, just the way i like it. there are city people and then there are people like me who like to be way out of the city. that place was great cuz it was so isolated but if i wanted to be in a city, i'd simply catch the bullet train and be in the middle of tokyo in about 1.5 hours. so from 10,000 people and miles of nothing but beautiful nature to a concrete jungle with more than 12 million people.

my personal and selfish hope is that it'll stay a small town for a long time...

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads! Hope that you enjoy your stay and keep on posting.
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Looks like a lot of agriculture going on there.

I seem to recall something about Niigata on Soko Ga Shiritai, but that was long ago. Maybe I'll see it again in rerun.

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                              Looks like a lot of agriculture going on there.

I seem to recall something about Niigata on Soko Ga Shiritai, but that was long ago. Maybe I'll see it again in rerun.
                              yup, it's basically a farming community. rice, of course, but also all kinds of vegetables and fruits. my favorite was driving to watermelon fields and just choosing whatever watermelon i wanted to buy/eat. so ono in the summertime!

Comment

Working...
                              X