Aloha from Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Massachusetts

Yah, I know haole's from Massachusettes don't have the best history in the islands. Hopefully I can do a very small bit to change that. Frequent visitor, trying to learn more about a place that I love more each time I visit so that I can hold on to a bit of the feeling while I'm away. Looking to hopefully make some friends, listen to some stories and occasionally tell a few.

Anyway, Hi, I'm Bob.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Re: Aloha from Massachusettes

Hi, Bob! Welcome to HT. You live there, but can't spell "Massachusetts" correctly? Better move to Iowa.

Oh - and aloha kakahiaka, Lynn!
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; October 12, 2007, 07:23 AM. Reason: Morning!

Comment

Aloha Bob! Welcome to HT. It's been rough around hea lately. Hold on and make yourself comfortable.heheheh Join in anytime!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Skill at spelling is inversly proportional to intelligence - or at least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Thanks for the welcome!
        "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
        Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
          Skill at spelling is inversly proportional to intelligence - or at least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
          Thet theeoree werks fer mi!

Comment

Hi Bob:
            How are things in Taxachusetts these days? I lived in Beantown (Beacon Hill, Jamaica Plain & Brighton) for about 10 years. Sure do miss the Fall (but not the Winters) there!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Aloha Bob! Welcome to Hawaii Threads! Please make yourself comfortable around here and keep on posting.
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

We get the label Taxachusetts but you folk pay more in taxes then we do I was shocked talking to people on my last trip.

Trees are turning and it's looking pretty but that just means hunker-down because winter's comin'.
                Socrates.

Comment

Welcome to HT Bob!

Another Taxachusettsian here....Bradford, MA! The trees here are just gorgeous and its a cool day here on the east.
                  Lovena

Comment

Howdy neighbor! We're in Franklin (the town, not the county)
                    Socrates.

Comment

Aloha Bob,

E komo mai! (Welcome!) I'm probably one of the very few people from Maine who loves Hawai'i Nei. It's great to see a Massachusetts haole on here! Please contact me. Would love to get to know you!

Do you know any Hawaiian? Random question, I know, but whatever! Hahaha!

A hui hou,
                      'Alika
                      'Alika

Comment

Hi back ya little Maine-iac! lol

I know a dozen or so Hawaiian words - which makes me fluent compared to the average haole - but that's it. I'm learning more.
                        Socrates.

Comment

Maika'i loa kela! Any questions?
                          'Alika

Comment

Working...
                          X