Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does your favorite team losing affect you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does your favorite team losing affect you?

I usually don't let things that I can't control get to me, but there were a few times where I got borderline depressed when the Lakers and Niners lost:

Lakers vs. Pistons in the NBA Finals in 2004

9ers vs. NY Giants in 1991 NFC Championship

What really got to me was that the Payton-Malone-Bean-Shaq experiment failed and broke up the team, and Montana's last game in a 9ers jersey.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: How much does your favorite team losing affect you?

I almost had a bout of depression today. But luckily the Bows ... uhh, make that the Warriors ... pulled it out and won!

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      I almost had a bout of depression today. But luckily the Bows ... uhh, make that the Warriors ... pulled it out and won!
      A purist wouldn't have corrected his/herself

flickr

Comment

I am a purist ... well, maybe not a 100% purist ... and definitely not a strident purist ... but I am a purist ... sort of.

Go Bows!

Comment

"Go Bows"???

Too lazy to pronouce "Warriors"?

You don't hear Kam School students rooting for their football team with "Go Bows."

You don't hear Golden State Warriors fans rooting for their NBA team with "Go Bows."
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

My favorite team is ALWAYS the team Notre Dame is playing.

So, last week, I was totally depressed when UCLA lost to ND. I was in a deep, dark place where no one should live.

Being an ex-sailor, here's hoping that Navy wins this year. Losing 43 in a row is just too much to bear. An almost automatic loss to ND affects me for a long, long time; I cry myself to sleep for weeks.

Maybe that Hawaiian QB will do sumpin tremendous & finally ease my pain.
            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

oh yeah. every time the wahine volleyball team loses in the nationals (or god forbid, even earlier), i'm depressed for weeks!
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                oh yeah. every time the wahine volleyball team loses in the nationals (or god forbid, even earlier), i'm depressed for weeks!
                I was like this in '94...I wanted to cry when I saw Sarah Chase walk off the court in tears in their final game of the season. Even sadder (and later) was when we found out it was her last game.

flickr

Comment

It feels like a death of distant relative who you hardly knew. But, that person was nice to you by giving you candy small kid time.

Comment

I was depressed for months after November 2004. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                      I was depressed for months after November 2004. Does that count?
                      hahaha, I was angry, not depressed.

flickr

Comment

As a seattle fan, you get used to your teams being good...then they break your heart at the end.

1996 NBA Finals - Sonics vs. Bulls

Bulls come in with that 72-10 record, and I think the Sonics were around 65-17 or so. They stink it up in the first 3 games of the NBA finals then actually blow out the Bulls in game 4 and won game 5. They go on to lose game 6 and the nba finals.

Super Bowl XL

Seahawks come in on all cylinders to Super Bowl XL. I actually was at the NFC Championship game a week earlier in Seattle to watch hell freeze over and see the Seahawks actually get to a Super Bowl after so many season of mediocre teams at best. Dropped passes in the end zone, dropped passes in general and three missed field goals will lose a super bowl for you. My sister, out of frustration stabbed the seahawks logo cake we had prepared right through the logo. That about sums it up.

October 6th, 2007
                        Seahawks get blown out by Pittsburgh 27-0. My newborn son throws up on the tiny Seahawks jersey I bought for him.

Yesterday (10/15/07)
                        Seahawks stink it up again and managed to actually score 17 points! That makes a combined 17 points in over an hour of game clock over the last two games.

Ok, I think if your team loses, it's not so bad. It's when it looks like they just aren't trying (like the last two weeks) that it really starts to play on your psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                          As a seattle fan, you get used to your teams being good...then they break your heart at the end.
                          Exactly. Mariners followers in this household. If we got depressed when they fell apart, we'd be paralyzed half the year.

Comment

while I should be used to it by now (2004 notwithstanding) I still get pretty upset when the Sox fall apart in the post-season - like they did Saturday and last night
                            "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                            Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Exactly. Mariners followers in this household. If we got depressed when they fell apart, we'd be paralyzed half the year.
                              Exactly! I stopped paying attention to the Mariners after they had that 116 win season then get swept out in the first round by the White Sox. Oh, and after Lou Pinella left to Tampa Bay so he could be with his family. Setting you up to break your heart I tell ya...

growing up, they used to be sooooo bad though that on "free (fill in the blank) night" those freebies used to get thrown back onto the field with a chorus of boos to follow. I don't think it's that bad now.

Comment

Working...
                              X