Aloha from the Midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from the Midwest

I'm in Illinois. Have lived on O'ahu for two years. Worked for a couple of companies and really got into Hawaiian music. Used to go down to the Moana to see Olomana or Ho'okena, went to see I Kona and Ledward and Makaha Sons, Sons of Hawai'i - Dennis is an old friend. Have known Makaha Sons for almost 25 years. Just saw them not too long ago. I knew Iz from 1984 until his passing. I have a huge Hawaiian music collection and a huge country music collection.

I took Hawaiian culture classes at WCC with Kawai Hewett and Holoua Stender and sang with Hawaii Ecumencial Chorale under the baton of Aaron Mahi. Took my Hawaiian language classes at Kamehameha but I'm a bit rusty with it now.

Have been listening to Australian country music for the last few years. Found the best kept secret - Lee Kernaghan . He's an amazing singer and songwriter (and he's gorgeous) - thus the LK in my username. I'd post a photo if I knew how on this forum.

Re: Aloha from the Midwest

Welcome to the forum! I've been here a while myself, but I haven't posted much lately due to various computer foul-ups. Hope to see you around!

Comment

Glad to see you and posting on the board LovinLK! Hope that you stick around and make yourself comfortable! Keep on posting! I am also a huge fan of Hawaiian music too.

I also took Hawaiian Language and culture class at HCC under Kumu hula Kimo Alma Keaulana. I am still learning the Hawaiian language with the help of some friends of mines who are Hawaiian artists/musicians.
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
        I'm in Illinois. Have lived on O'ahu for two years. Worked for a couple of companies and really got into Hawaiian music. Used to go down to the Moana to see Olomana or Ho'okena, went to see I Kona and Ledward and Makaha Sons, Sons of Hawai'i - Dennis is an old friend. Have known Makaha Sons for almost 25 years. Just saw them not too long ago. I knew Iz from 1984 until his passing. I have a huge Hawaiian music collection and a huge country music collection.

I took Hawaiian culture classes at WCC with Kawai Hewett and Holoua Stender and sang with Hawaii Ecumencial Chorale under the baton of Aaron Mahi. Took my Hawaiian language classes at Kamehameha but I'm a bit rusty with it now.

Have been listening to Australian country music for the last few years. Found the best kept secret - Lee Kernaghan . He's an amazing singer and songwriter (and he's gorgeous) - thus the LK in my username. I'd post a photo if I knew how on this forum.
        Aloha from Maui,
        No worry if your Hawaiian language rusty, we unnanan.... Wow, you knew plenty kine good Musicians. You must have mean kine Hawaiian collection.
        So, Watt you doin Midwest, Nah, so how long has it been since you been back home? OGGBOY
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

E komo mai!
          'Alika

Comment

Working...
          X