Game of the Year: Patriots at Colts, Nov. 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of the Year: Patriots at Colts, Nov. 4

It's a week and a half away, but there's lots to talk about right now. In what is undoubtedly going to be the most-anticipated game of the season (until week 17, if the winner of this game remains undefeated that long), the New England Patriots travel to the site of their last playoff loss: Indianapolis, to face the Colts.

These are easily the two best teams in the NFL, and while everyone's talking about the Patriots and the possibility that they might finish the year undefeated (it's only happened once in NFL history), it should be pointed out that none of the teams the Patriots have defeated has a winning record right now.

This week, the Colts play in Carolina while the Patriots get the Redskins at home. I expect the 'Skins to be a tougher opponent, but they're really not in the same league as the Patriots.

Too early to make a pick, but what are your thoughts on this, the biggest game of the year?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Game of the Year: Patriots at Colts, Nov. 4

Patriots by 10. Randy Morse has been magically transformed into a TEAM player and is easily the "better #81" over T.O.

Brady is on his way to setting a new record for TD passes in a season.

Comment

I think the biggest discussion of the season is if New England will go undefeated and Miami will go winless.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

So Mike, you're saying that this game's a no-brainer?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

my gut feeling is that the pats will win but i tend to root for the underdog so i'm hoping that the colts will somehow pull out a win in the last few minutes by 3.

both teams are obviously good and both quarterbacks are awesome. manning was hilarious when he hosted SNL and did this spoof on the United Way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLMbCIdtTss
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

This is who the Patriots have beaten:
            The Jets, Chargers, Bills, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, and Dolphins.

This is who the Colts have beaten:
            The Saints, Titans, Texans, Broncos, Buccaneers, and Jaguars.

The Colts are giving up an average of 162 passing yard per game (best in the AFC).
            The Patriots are giving up an average of 182 passing ypg (fourth best).

The Colts have a +9 turnover differential (best in the AFC). The Patriots have a +8 turnover differential (second-best).

The Colts have given up 269 total yards per game so far (third-best in the AFC) The Patriots have given up 275 total yards per game (fourth-best).

The Colts have given up 15.8 points per game (third-best in the AFC). The Patriots have given up 17.1 points per game (sixth-best).

Looking strictly at defense, the numbers are close, but the Colts have the definite edge.

You guys sure you want to pick the Patriots?
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Pats look pretty tough. I've got them penned into the Superbowl already.

I've got to take them for this game.

10 years ago you couldn't have paid me money to make me believe that these two teams would be on top of the NFL now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I think the biggest discussion of the season is if New England will go undefeated and Miami will go winless.
                That would be the irony of all ironies ..................

And, YES, I'm still going with New England.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  So Mike, you're saying that this game's a no-brainer?

The Patriots are playing like St. Louis School was before Hawaii's high schools created D-I and D-II athletics. Their execution is ridiculous.

flickr

Comment

The Colts have won 12 straight games, so who's hotter? The Colts have beaten the Patriots in their last three meetings. Yes, the Patriots are better now, but so are the Colts, and where have the Colts gotten better? Defense. The Patriots are good on that side of the line, but are they better than they were the last time the teams met? Not defensively, they're not.

And I first thought Mike_Lowery's post about "can the Pats go undefeated" was irrelevant, but you know what? It's not. Yes, the Patriots can go undefeated, but it is EXTREEEEEEEEEEMELY unlikely. And if it is so unlikely, that means it's VEEEEEEEEEEERY likely they will be beaten somewhere along the line. Are they more likely to be taken by surprise by some lesser opponent, or are they more likely to lose to the second-best team in the NFL, the (improved) defending SuperBowl champs? I take the latter.

I wasn't sure until sometime this week, but now I am definitely going with the Colts in this game. It's not a lock, of course: this thing could go either way, but I do think it will be the Colts. Haven't decided on a point differential yet.
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Colts have won 12 straight games, so who's hotter? The Colts have beaten the Patriots in their last three meetings. Yes, the Patriots are better now, but so are the Colts, and where have the Colts gotten better? Defense. The Patriots are good on that side of the line, but are they better than they were the last time the teams met? Not defensively, they're not.

And I first thought Mike_Lowery's post about "can the Pats go undefeated" was irrelevant, but you know what? It's not. Yes, the Patriots can go undefeated, but it is EXTREEEEEEEEEEMELY unlikely. And if it is so unlikely, that means it's VEEEEEEEEEEERY likely they will be beaten somewhere along the line. Are they more likely to be taken by surprise by some lesser opponent, or are they more likely to lose to the second-best team in the NFL, the (improved) defending SuperBowl champs? I take the latter.

I wasn't sure until sometime this week, but now I am definitely going with the Colts in this game. It's not a lock, of course: this thing could go either way, but I do think it will be the Colts. Haven't decided on a point differential yet.
                      Paypal?

I'm thinking that the Pats will go undefeated this year (thus, beating the Colts this weekend) because they're on a mission to show that they can win without cheating.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        I'm thinking that the Pats will go undefeated this year (thus, beating the Colts this weekend) because they're on a mission to show that they can win without cheating.
                        Of course they are, but is that a more compelling "mission" than TRYING TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP? No. Every guy on every NFL field is trying to win a championship. They've ALL got something to prove.

I won't bet money, but if anyone wants to go in on postcards, I'll play. Straight up, no points to give or take, just: Who's going to win. If the Pats win, I'll send you a postcard from where I live. If the Colts win, you send me a postcard from wherever you are. Preferably one with a beautiful woman's photo on the front, but whatever.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I won't bet money, but if anyone wants to go in on postcards, I'll play. Straight up, no points to give or take, just: Who's going to win. If the Pats win, I'll send you a postcard from where I live. If the Colts win, you send me a postcard from wherever you are. Preferably one with a beautiful woman's photo on the front, but whatever.
                          You got one taker here! Though I secretly want the Colts to win, Ill take a postcard from beautiful Hawaii. Preferably one with a hunk's picture on the front... But if the Pats do pull it off, I'm not so sure I'll be able to find a sexy Utah girl postcard (I live in Mormon country...) so you'll have to settle on a scenic card or somethin'...haha
                          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Pat vs Colts

Well, the Pats @ Colts game is today! As for us, we're golfing this morning but as we have done in the past, we may hit "The Roma" with the other golf couples to watch and cheer on the Pats! If not, we'll be at home screaming at the TV!

If you'll be watching the game, are you gonna be at friends place with your own tailgate party?

Man, I'm so excited about this game!
                            Lovena

Comment

Re: Pat vs Colts

Dis game I going watch!

Pupu's are being made.

Kamaboko and Ritz Crackers.

Ahi Poke, Steak and whateva else I can make.

Who I taking? Colts! I love underdogs.

Auntie Lynn

We had a power surge 10 minutes ago. Our cable is "OFF!"
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; November 4, 2007, 07:10 AM.
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X