World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series

I'd much rather play baseball than sit and watch it, so I'm not much of a baseball fan until World Series time comes around. Who should I root for, Boston or Colorado? (I'm leaning toward Colorado because a sister lives there and because Bostonian accents annoy me. )
    As for today's first game:
    Game 1 is on now. Top of the sixth, and Boston leads 13-1. Yikes!!!

Colorado Rockies
    25.00%
    Boston Red Sox
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: World Series

The baseball fan in this house likes Boston, because they defeat the Damn Yankees regularly.

Comment

I don't care much for sports, but I had to vote for Colorado, if only for the reason that I used to live there in my youth ...
      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Good first game but that's all it was. The Sox traditionally get spanked the game after a blowout so I'm not crowing too loudly. They did look good last night though!

And just for LikaNui - I do pahk my cah in the yahd but only when it's wicked wahm outside. In the wintah, I pahk it in the garahge.
        "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
        Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
          And just for LikaNui - I do pahk my cah in the yahd but only when it's wicked wahm outside. In the wintah, I pahk it in the garahge.
          Ooof. Sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Ooof. Sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.
            Safe to assume you never listen to either "Car Talk" or "Says You" on NPR stations?

Comment

The long layoff seemed to hurt the Rockies, they looked like they lost their momentum, whereas the Red Sox have had to win 3 games in a row just to survive their series agaisnt Cleveland. Let's not forget they swept a very good Angels team in the first round too.

As much as I despise the Red Sox, I think they will sweep this series or it will go no longer than 5 games.

Aj

Comment

Working...
              X