Who Do You Vote For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do You Vote For?

This is always a question. Sometimes it's a good question and sometimes it's obvious. My problem is I always end up voting for the person who loses the election. When voting in the "big" races, it's rare that I agree with the popular vote.

My step son sent this the other day. I'm not sure how he found it but you might find it interesting. I took it and it just confirmed what I said above. I've never even heard of the guy that ended up highest on my list. I had a lot of ties, but only one came out in 1st place.

Anyway, just wanted to share this and see what you guys are thinking and see where your hearts are. Besides, it's kind of fun and it sums up a lot of questions and their answers from the Presidential candidates.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

Re: Who Do You Vote For?

ok - I took the test. I'm supposedly in favor of Kucinich - except he is probably the last person I would vote for. I haven't made up my mind yet - we still have a year to go before the election. I'm a democrat and at least the test showed my top candidates were Dems! I know I'm not going to find a candidate who agrees with everything I want - but haven't yet decided what I'm willing to compromise on. and it doesn't matter anyway what a candidate promises - without the support of Congress, the President can't do anything. So, my final consideration for a vote will need to be someone who is willing to work with Congress to get laws passed.

I'm surprised to see on the test that Hillary Clinton seems to oppose the line item veto. Bill Clinton was the first president to have the privilege and during his term in office, the law was changed to take away that power.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Either way, I vote. If not to vote "for", at least go to vote against. Stand up and be counted...and hope it actually matters.

Ron Paul...

I said RP before taking the quiz, but I don't agree with the candidate provided based upon my answers....maybe the thing is rigged,lol.
      Last edited by TATTRAT; October 26, 2007, 09:32 PM.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

The online test was interesting and entertaining. I am officially undecided on the 2008 presidential election with the only thing I know is that I don't vote Democrat.

After taking the survey I matched up best to "Law and Order" TV star Fred Thompson.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

That test was, indeed, interesting. I never claim to be with either party -- but I tend to be more of a conservative. I am still undecided for 2008 and am trying to keep an open mind. But the candidates I tend to lean towards are Republican. I've been leaning towards Tancredo & Hunter only because I have some strong beliefs that match up with them. But I don't think either has a chance. And I, by no means, agree with everything they stand for. So I'm, still on the fence.

After taking the test, my top candidate is Duncan Hunter. It surprised me, still.

I'm still open to all candiates as there is no one "outstanding" candidate out there....
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

My Top Candidates no surprise.

Hillary followed by Obama both with a score of 43.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Bill Richardson (I like him, but he no can win) . . . then Mike Gravel. Who's Mike Gravel?
              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

wow.

Edwards, then Biden, then Obama. Clinton and Giuliani are neck-n-neck for me thereafter.

Great test.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                  Bill Richardson (I like him, but he no can win) . . . then Mike Gravel. Who's Mike Gravel?
                  This is Mike Gravel

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I went in supporting Ron Paul, but the test says I supposedly favor Kucinich. I don’t know if this thing is rigged, but just reading through it, its really asking the wrong questions. A lot of the most important parts of Paul’s agenda were not addressed by them.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                      This is Mike Gravel

Miulang
                      I went to that link also. Question: Who's Mike Gravel? lol

Notwithstanding our similar mindset, I'd never heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                        I went to that link also. Question: Who's Mike Gravel? lol

Notwithstanding our similar mindset, I'd never heard of him.
                        His most notable claim to fame is that he single handedly filibustered in Congress to keep American young men from being drafted into the Army. Perhaps you yourself have benefitted from this. Because of him, the American public was able to read the Pentagon Papers (otherwise, it would have been marked confidential and would probably not have seen the light of day) which marked the beginning of the end of the Vietnam "war". He also believes that most politicians are tainted by big money (he won't accept contributions from large corporations) and thinks that Americans are smart enough to create the laws.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                          His most notable claim to fame is that he single handedly filibustered in Congress to keep American young men from being drafted into the Army. Perhaps you yourself have benefitted from this. Because of him, the American public was able to read the Pentagon Papers (otherwise, it would have been marked confidential and would probably not have seen the light of day) which marked the beginning of the end of the Vietnam "war". He also believes that most politicians are tainted by big money (he won't accept contributions from large corporations) and thinks that Americans are smart enough to create the laws.

Miulang
                          Thank you, Miulang, but I read all that, too. Remember, he and I hold to similar thoughts.

All's I'm saying is Gravel's just not been newsworthy enough recently for his name to ring a bell.

Comment

I don't think, strike that, I KNOW this test can't provide accurate results for me because more often than not the answers I would propose for the question asked aren't on the list of choices. Aside from that, most of the questions in and of themselves are virtually irrelevant to the issues at hand which are, incidentally, the underlying principles implict in the issues of inquiry. Or are loaded so that either way I answer it directly interferes with one of my basic guiding priciples.

Until they start asking the right questions I'll continue to write myself in.

Why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wouldn't you rather vote for the good?

EDIT: I humored it and came up with Rudy Giuliani (27), and that guy can bite me.
                            Last edited by Zovo; November 20, 2007, 09:02 PM.
                            Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Eye opening. According to that I'm Rudy, Kucinich, Edwards and Obi. I find that interesting because I intensely dislike Rudy yet he was my top match. Must be the whole Boston/New York thing or something.
                              "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                              Socrates.

Comment

Working...
                              X