Hawai‘i Warriors vs. Fresno St. Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai‘i Warriors vs. Fresno St. Bulldogs

Well, another indication on just how much hype the Warriors are generating: ESPN wants to air the Fresno State game! Will it happen? According to the Advertiser, that depends on whether the network will allow Oceanic to blackout the game, as a courtesy to KFVE and their pay-per-view operation.

My question is: what will this mean for sports bars with satellite t.v.? Will they take the ESPN version and treat their customers to the regular updates and cut-ins sports fans have grown accustomed to... or will they simply force LikaNui to endure his “favorite sportscaster” for yet another game?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: Hawai‘i Warriors vs. Fresno St. Bulldogs

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Will they take the ESPN version and treat their customers to the regular updates and cut-ins sports fans have grown accustomed to... or will they simply force LikaNui to endure his “favorite sportscaster” for yet another game?
    No-o-o-o-o-o!!! Please say it ain't so. [/wailing and moaning]
    Hey, wait. Maybe since the Senate is in special session I could get 'em to introduce a bill forcing Jim Leahy into retirement... hmmmm... or, they could allow him to continue broadcasting, but with special conditions.
    Like not speaking.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Goooooooooooooo Dogs!!

Comment

Hmph. First sansei want to talk stink about Keahi Tucker, now LikaNui is sniping at Jim Leahey.

Sighs. The sacrifice we local non-cable fans have to make in order to kow-tow toward a national cable broadcasting network. You know ESPN want to be there when Colt breaks Ty Detmer's record.

Me? I want my delayed game programming.
        Last edited by Random; October 30, 2007, 10:34 PM.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
        X