No announcement yet.

Oh no... not Kimo Kahoano... not DUI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no... not Kimo Kahoano... not DUI...

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=6359

James “Kimo” Kahoano Jr., host of the TV show “Hawaii Stars,” was arrested last night on suspicion of driving under the influence and fleeing the scene of an accident.

Shortly before the arrest, Kahoano was involved in a minor traffic accident with another vehicle at Oneawa and Kihapai streets in Kailua and fled, police said. An all-points bulletin was put out for his arrest, and at about 9:45 p.m. he was pulled over at the 7-Eleven store on Kalanianaole Highway in Waimanalo.

Police booked him on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident, and operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant. He posted bail of $500.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Oh no... not Kimo Kahoano... not DUI...

I'll save my honest feelings on the situation because I'm afraid my choice words would not be appropriate for this message board.

Uncle Kimo often frequents my favorite watering hole, and I've seen him come in, already clearly obvious that he'd have a few. He'd stay, have a few more, and would take off behind the wheel to his next destination. I had a feeling that it was just a matter of time before something like this happened.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Oh, dear. Has he been hanging out with the "Lost" cast? Driving a blue Mustang, perhaps?

Comment

What a shame if it's true.
        He's a really nice, down-to-earth guy in person. Much more pleasant than his co-host.
        "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

The Advertiser just posted Kimo's HPD booking photograph and note that he was almost triple the legal limit.
          I somehow doubt that he'll use this photo for his Christmas cards:
          Last edited by LikaNui; March 9, 2008, 11:33 AM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I swear, police stations must have hair/make-up people on staff who have all taken the same classes...someone who, on cue, messes up the hair a certain way and adds (or removes) make-up so that the harsh lighting makes a person look as bad as is humanly possible...a la Nick Nolte! Regardless, I'd guess that suspects are instructed to not smile and, with a camera at a higher angle than eye line, the suspect has to look up as if s/he is pleading.

It's tough being well known in one's community. I wish Kimo well and agree with MPB...Kimo's a heckuva nice guy. There but for the grace of God go so many of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Oh, dear. Has he been hanging out with the "Lost" cast? Driving a blue Mustang, perhaps?
              *lol* I thought the same thing when I read the thread's title. Better check to see if he owns a blue Mustang..... Hmmmmm
              So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                It's tough being well known in one's community. I wish Kimo well and agree with MPB...Kimo's a heckuva nice guy. There but for the grace of God go so many of us.
                Wanna drink till you puke, that's your business. But get in car and drive, that's our business.

Obviously the laws against drunk driving are not harsh enough.

People need to start losing their cars and losing thier licenses PERMANENTLY!

Might be a heckuva nice guy. But he's a complete #!*hole for driving nearly 3 times the legal limit. This lolo doesn't need pity. He needs AA NOW!. Be a friend and get the sick man some help.

Comment

hawaii state DUI laws are amongst the strongest in the nation, according to this chart.

while i'll agree that drunk drivers don't deserve pity, first-time offenders who haven't actually hurt anyone shouldn't be demonized, either. doing so will discourage them from getting hurt. i think having them do public service which includes them having them work with people who have been affected adversely by drunk drivers would be more effective than just plain old license revocation and jail time. drivers inclined to do so drunk, sans license or not, will likely drive anyway without a really up close and personal eye-opening as to what their behavior does.

i've had the pleasure of meeting mr. kahoano, too. he is a charmer. and maybe that charm is part of why no one did an intervention or why he hadn't been arrested before. and of course, in response to lei liko: unfortunately, we all know that a lot of people go from being good, decent, charming people to something else entirely after they've had a few drinks. the first thing that goes with alcohol consumption is good judgment.

i should note that i lost my dad to a drunk driving incident when i was only ten. he was a passenger.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I love to drink. I get plastered and even am known to go to the Chinatown Police Sub-Station and make a fool of myself. Why? I do my thing and make um laugh and smile. I was asked by then New Recruit, Officer Freitas (Former UH Football Player) Are you driving?

The whole Sub-station became quiet.

With glaring eyes I told him "I may drink and party when I come to Chinatown...but I will either catch the Bus, Taxi or walk home!"

As a mother, grandmother and mostly as an adult, there is absolutely no EXCUSE to get behind the wheel of a vehicle! All the apologies and kukae kiss arse whateva's not going change the facts. He was caught! Luckily, no one was killed!

Some Celebrities tink dey all dat. Well, dey not! Dey shit, piss and eat juss like us. Take responsibility foa your actions is good. How about preventing and doing something about the problem before it escalates. Hey! I do believe in people changing. Been there, done that. But certain things are just not the same. One of them is DUI!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Kimo and the crew sucking up the brew

pulehu meat smoking on the side

Comment

A few folks here seem to have forgotten that in addition to the DUI, Kimo also was arrested for HIT-AND-RUN. Please don't say that he was just drunk but didn't hurt anyone, because he did cause an accident and he willfully and intentionally left the scene of the crime without even stopping to make sure nobody was hurt.
                        I've met him dozens of times and agree that he's a charmer.
                        So was Kinky Chinky Mahoe, the convicted child molester.
                        Kimo deserves what's coming.

Comment

My apologies LikaNui! I didn't read it well. Hit and Run? Throw the book at him!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            My apologies LikaNui! I didn't read it well. Hit and Run? Throw the book at him!
                            No apology needed, Auntie. As I wrote before, it seems that almost everyone has overlooked that part.
                            To remind everyone, here's what the Star-Bulletin report said:
                            James “Kimo” Kahoano Jr., host of the TV show “Hawaii Stars,” was arrested last night on suspicion of driving under the influence and fleeing the scene of an accident.

Shortly before the arrest, Kahoano was involved in a minor traffic accident with another vehicle at Oneawa and Kihapai streets in Kailua and fled, police said. An all-points bulletin was put out for his arrest, and at about 9:45 p.m. he was pulled over at the 7-Eleven store on Kalanianaole Highway in Waimanalo.

Police booked him on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident, and operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant.
                            They chased him from downtown Kailua to the far end of Waimanalo. I wonder how many people barely escaped getting hit by him in that time?

Comment

Good points, LN. I wonder if the police are putting as much effort into finding the driver of the car who fled the scene (hit and run) after hitting Tattrat.

Comment

Working...
                              X