The Warriors' Receiving Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Warriors' Receiving Corps

I'll go ahead and say it... It's Hawaii's receiving corps that's making their QBs look good and win games. UH-UNR made me a bit more comfortable headed into Gainesville.

Speak on this.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: I'll go ahead and say it

I'd say Colt and the receiving corps have a symbiotic relationship. But it was evident from tonight's game that Graunke still needs more polish when it comes to reading the blitz, planting his feet to better deliver the ball and dumping the ball to avoid costly sacks/fumbles.
    I want to know who was calling the option plays?! At least sub in Funaki if you're going to run that.
    Last edited by MixedPlateBroker; November 16, 2007, 11:42 PM.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Is it too early for me to worry that Funaki will be second-string to Graunke next year?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Is it too early for me to worry that Funaki will be second-string to Graunke next year?
        ESPN lists Graunke as a senior. Is this incorrect?

As for the receivers making the QBs look good, I'll say that it works both ways. Good receivers come to Hawaii because they know they're going to get thrown to A LOT. And this team's got some VERY good receivers. Davone Bess gets all the write-up when it comes to a possible NFL career, but Grice-Mullin is my favorite guy to watch on this team. He's caught the ball 216 times and has never dropped it! He turns short, across-the-middle catches into medium and long gains. He gets open in the end zone when Manoa's in the red.

I just looked it up, and Bess has 50 more receptions and also has never dropped the ball.
        Jason Rivers: 179 catches with no fumbles.
        CJ Hawthorne: 48 receptions with no fumbles.

I wish ESPN had yards-after-catch stats; that could really tell the tale, I think.
        Last edited by scrivener; November 17, 2007, 02:30 PM.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: IThe Warriors' Receiving Corps

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          ESPN lists Graunke as a senior. Is this incorrect?
          If memory serves (which it occasionally does, much to my surprise), I think he's a fourth-year junior.

EDIT: Yep, ESPN was wrong. Graunke is a junior, according to his bio page at UH Athletics official website.
          Last edited by LikaNui; November 17, 2007, 04:45 PM. Reason: Found Graunke's bio page and added the link. Why are you looking down here, anyway? :-)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
          X