Concert Venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert Venues

Reading another thread, I began to wax moody and retrospective of concert venues here in Honolulu. I'm anxiously awaiting the long-overdue renovation of Andrew's. First show I saw there was Pearl Jam in '92, and the last was Tool a few years back. Pipeline doesn't really do it for me (saw Strokes there a while back), and that place on Nimitz (whatever it's called now) has gotten strange. In it's After Dark days good stuff came through there. I liked the fact that it was a warehouse with the beer garden enclosed by a crusty fence. Ahhh.. memories....

Re: Concert Venues

Originally posted by dick
    I'm anxiously awaiting the long-overdue renovation of Andrew's. First show I saw there was Pearl Jam in '92. Ahhh.. memories....
    Subtract about 20 years to get my perspective of Andrews...with Peter Moon's "Kanikapila" Hawaiian music concert series and I wonder how many here remember a group called "Loggins & Messina"? Ahhh.. memories....
    Last edited by lurkah; July 2, 2004, 06:01 AM.

Comment

I'll be very happy to see Andrews back in action and hope that UH makes better use of it once it's "restored".

The Bob Dylan gig there is one of my favorite memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        I'll be very happy to see Andrews back in action and hope that UH makes better use of it once it's "restored".

The Bob Dylan gig there is one of my favorite memories.
        That was amazing.

Pearl Jam was the one I remember best. The second night was my first 'green room' set up to prepare me for thier show on Maui (well before MACC); for a few years (and fun!), I'd work with GoldenVoice as a runner or driver day-of-show. I got to be the driver for Mr. Dylan's band and there were a few obsessive fans trying to get into the van that night!

Comment

Working...
        X