New HT Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HT Feature?

Just noticed a new feature and don't know if it's the result of an HT software update or a Safari update. The timing, for me, coincides with a Safari update. That is, when typing a post in HT, spelling errors are now underlined...thankfully!

Re: New HT Feature?

Thts es r terr ot thts thng:

Nope, mis-spelling notification is not a feature of Hawaii Threads (the above line should read as "This is a test of this thing."). Must be a Safari thing that happened to you.

Comment

Thanks, Helen. Yep! It's a Safari feature. I just typed something in another web site and the same thing happened. Reminds me of Eudora!

Comment

Firefox does that for me
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

How do you get Firefox to do that? I have both Safari and Firefox but neither seem to spellcheck for me. I prefer Firefox for HT because I can't get the little smilely faces to work on Safari.

Comment

The latest version of Forefox has it built in, and if not, just right click the field and select "spell check this field".
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
              How do you get Firefox to do that? I have both Safari and Firefox but neither seem to spellcheck for me. I prefer Firefox for HT because I can't get the little smilely faces to work on Safari.
              Safari's upgrade (v.3, I think, which came with the upgrade to Mac OS 10.4.11) includes the spell checker; something I learned after posing the original post above! Possibly the same upgrade will fix your smiley problem...a problem I haven't had with previous versions of Safari, btw. Dunno why it's not working for you. But, if you're happy with Firefox, that's cool, too! Whatever works, I say!

Comment

There is a spell check icon on the standard editor. I can only comment that if you use Internet Explorer V7 you will need to have some piece of software called ieSpell installed on your computer. I haven't installed it on my home computers so I have no idea how well it works.

I can only suspect with other browers it might use some other spell check program.

Comment

Working...
                X