Sugar Bowl Score Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Bowl Score Prediction

Let's see...UH may be getting a BIG dose of the run, as Washington had the right idea of eating the clock away and trying to get UH to stop the run and keep UH's offense off the field. I think Georgia is going to try this tactic again, but again it won't work.

UH's run defense really scares me and I think it's their weak link. They do fine against the pass, but gave up that nasty long bomb at the end of the WA game. Mystery to me with less than 30 seconds left why you don't just put all your DB in the prevent formation was beyond me, because you know they are going to bomb the ball becausea field goal did no good.

Prediction: UH 38, Georgia 35. UH will win on a Dan Kelly field goal. Hope his foot heals by Jan. 1st!

Re: Sugar Bowl Score Prediction

no kidding. we're gonna need his kicking foot for sure! i wasn't sure if it was physical pain or mental pain when he missed those two long field goals! auwe!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

It was telling how the ESPN announcers knew that Jones had to go for the TD in that last drive, rather than the easy fieldgoal to "put it away." One, Kelly was 0-2 (they joked he should've moved the ball back past the 50-yard line, because his record was better there, but he did seem to be in pain). Two, as the next last-ditch posession for Washington proved, nothing short of a TD would've been enough.

From Pete Fiutak's write up of the BCS series, here's an excerpt from his summary of the Sugar Bowl:
      What to Expect: On Jan. 2, 2006, Georgia was an overwhelming favorite to win what was essentially a home game at the Sugar Bowl, played in Atlanta due to repairs to the Louisiana Superdome after Hurricane Katrina, over West Virginia. Overconfident, the Dawgs got their doors blown off in the first half and had to mount a furious rally in the second, only to fall short. Mark Richt isn't going to let his team make the same mistake again. Hawaii will represent itself and the WAC well, but the Georgia running game will control the tempo enough to come away with the win.

Early Prediction: Georgia 34, Hawaii 27
      He opens his analysis, by the by, with the line: "For the first time all season, Hawaii gets to play a living, breathing team with a pulse."

Comment

If the Warriors can stay focused on what they need to do, they might have a fighting chance at keeping the game close. Their concentration in the 1st quarter of the UW game was bad, and they may have had the jitters. Georgia has been to bowl games before, but Hawai'i has never made it to this level, with national attention, and a chance to prove that they can play with the big boys. I predict the Bulldogs will win, but only by a touchdown.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

UH by 10....cause I, B E L I E V E!!!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I believe UH will have to play a great game to have a chance. Georgia will have something to prove since they aren't in the title game.

If Colt & Co. can play 60 minutes like they did against Boise State, then UH can win. If not, then we may see a repeat of the 1st Qtr from last week's game against UW.

But, I must say, that I have been so impressed with UH's belief in themselves this year. Whether they are playing Louisiana Tech, Nevada or UW, these guys just know they are going to come back to win.

Go Warriors!
            Last edited by Kekaha Roots; December 4, 2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I can't really say, since I haven't seen a full UGA game all season. BUT, I think two factors that will have a heavy influence on the outcome are 1) How will UGA channel their anger for not being in the Title Game? (angry and run over UH, or angry and complain all game long?) and 2) How will Hawaii have stage fright in the biggest show in the program's history?
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
              X