PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual HOLIDAY Avatar Contest!

tutusue
December 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
As if all of you don't have enough to do, esp. with Scriv's contest still in progress but, hey, it's already December so it's time to upload your holiday avatar entries. As correctly pointed out by Christa in last year's contest (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=11187), the Christmas contest is now a Holiday contest!

This is HT's version of the neighborhood condo buildings holiday lights competitions. You know...which building can outdo the other! So, beginning immediately and lasting 'til Sat. 12/22, when voting will take place, go for it! Let's see who can outdo the other in 70x70 pixels! Oh...last years entries can't be reused!

I'm offering the same, overly generous gift as last year...a tune of your choice from the iTunes Music Store. :D

TATTRAT
December 2nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
I have a funny holiday avatar I use, but I am not sure how it would be recieved here, so I will wait:D

If ya wanna see it, pm me and I will send you the link.

Glen Miyashiro
December 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Ho, ho, ho.

1stwahine
December 3rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
Happy Holidays 2007!:D

Auntie Lynn

mel
December 3rd, 2007, 01:57 AM
My holiday image for this year....

BAH HUMBUG!

Well at least for now.... we can change up to Dec. 22 right?

tutusue
December 3rd, 2007, 09:18 AM
[...]
Well at least for now.... we can change up to Dec. 22 right?
Yep! Change as often as you like. Voting is on 12/22 so whatever avatar is showing on that date is eligible. That, according to the Tenets of Tutusue! :D

Lei Liko
December 3rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Ho, ho, ho.

My thoughts exactly. :D ;)

Paul Ogata
December 3rd, 2007, 05:56 PM
It's Colt Outside!

You see? Because it's Christmas, and the UH football team just... ah forget it.

tutusue
December 3rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
It's Colt Outside!

You see? Because it's Christmas, and the UH football team just... ah forget it.
Oh Lordy...now I know I'm losing it. I 'got' your avatar before I read your explanation! O'course, already wearing my magnifying readers didn't hurt! ;)

zztype
December 3rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
OK, I'm in. Hope you like it!

"Mele Kalikimaka from our family to yours"

:D

Blaine

liberty
December 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
Happy holidays :)

Paul and Lei, your avatars crack me up!

Kalei99
December 4th, 2007, 11:30 AM
OK, I'm in. Hope you like it!

"Mele Kalikimaka from our family to yours"

:D

Blaine

Hahaha Are you insinuating that JEAN is a goat?? :D

Pomai
December 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
My thoughts exactly. :D ;)OK, I'll go with this one too.

Nothing could have been a better Christmas gift to the entire STATE than this season's football Warriors!

HO HO HO.. Merrrrrrrry Christmas!!!

glossyp
December 4th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Lucy-girl will represent the PC crew for Christmas this year. Go Lucy!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

LikaNui
December 9th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Courtesy of another HT-er, here's mine, with Santa's hat and beard! :D

tutusue
December 19th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Ok...last call for holiday avatars! I'll call for votes via PM on Saturday morning and announce the Grand Prize Winner (one tune from the iTunes Music Store...with or without DRAM...or DRM...or whatever the heck it is!) on Christmas Eve.

Try wait! I'm gonna up the ante just a hair...hare!!! I just found out a few of my dad's Looney Tunes have been added to iTunes. In lieu of a musical tune, the winner also has a choice of the following Looney Tunes. The 'toons my dad wrote are in bold.

Easter Yeggs / Wabbit Twouble
The Film Fan / Old Glory (Pop's uncredited on this one!)
Daffy Duck and the Dinosaur / Daffy Duck Hunt

There's a bit of method to my madness. I wonder if Pop will receive residuals from the iTunes Music Store. So far he only receives international residuals...most not even worth the stamp to mail the check! :rolleyes: Yay, WGA!!!

sinjin
December 20th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Shaka Santa.

AbsolutChaos
December 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Not sure if mine was visible enough, so here's a bigger (and more disturbing) pic...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g143/AbsolutChaos808/HTHolidayPartyDec2007/reindeer-1.jpg

acousticlady
December 20th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I really wanted to do this but I can't seem to get the photo I want to use small enough. It says the largest file I can use is 25 KB and the smallest I can seem to get it is 432 KB :(

My goal for Christmas break is to figure out how to post pictures and get an avatar.

liberty
December 20th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I really wanted to do this but I can't seem to get the photo I want to use small enough. It says the largest file I can use is 25 KB and the smallest I can seem to get it is 432 KB :(

My goal for Christmas break is to figure out how to post pictures and get an avatar.

Did you try resizing your avatar to 70 by 70 pixels?

TATTRAT
December 20th, 2007, 07:58 PM
ok, ok, ok....lemme know if it is crude and tasteless and it will be replaced.

scrivener
December 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
As you know, I've been working on my (*&*&% M.Ed. for the past two and a half years. I'm supposed to be finished with it already, and in fact participated in graduation ceremonies last August. But I haven't finished my thesis.

This December, I am determined to finish the dang thing, even if it kills me. Even if I have to work on Christmas day and through the New Year festivities. I'm serious.

So...here's an avatar that represents my singular purpose. I am going to include it as an attachment, too, for future reference!

I may tweak it some...I don't like the way that mortarboard is sitting.

scrivener
December 20th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Not sure if mine was visible enough, so here's a bigger (and more disturbing) pic...
I think I'm in love!

mel
December 21st, 2007, 06:09 AM
I think I'm in love!

Eh... bah humbug. :D

Have a safe and humbug free holiday folks. I'm gone to the Big Island....

acousticlady
December 21st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Yay! Thanks to Blaine I have a HOLIDAY avatar! I am thrilled to death. Hey, it's the little things in life :p.

Pomai
December 21st, 2007, 09:36 AM
AC, that's a riot!

What kind of cheese is that in your other hand (looks like Parm', but I know it's not)? Whatever it is, you make it look good!

tutusue
December 22nd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Okay, folks...it's VOTING day. PM me those votes...one per person by 12 noon Sunday 12/23. The anticipation and loss of sleep is half the fun, right?!

And, if any non-participants are reading this thread...please VOTE! That'll help offset all the self votes! :D My vote will be a tie breaker if needed. The winner will be announced on Monday, Christmas Eve.

To the eventual winner...please remember the value of this generous prize must be reported to the IRS. You are responsible for the taxes! :p

Altho' he doesn't know it...admin is standing by in case of any vote tally disputes!

On your mark...
Get set...
VOTE!

Menehune Man
December 22nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Okay, Here's my Christmas Menehune! :D

AbsolutChaos
December 22nd, 2007, 11:18 PM
AC, that's a riot!

What kind of cheese is that in your other hand (looks like Parm', but I know it's not)? Whatever it is, you make it look good!

Haha, yeah, I actually can't recall which cheese it was. I DO remember that it can be found at Costco!

acousticlady
December 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
So...... who won?????

tutusue
December 24th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Hey acousticlady...I was still in bed at 8:24am! I'm on vacation! :D

And...the WINNER is...
oops, the phone is ringing! Back in a little bit! :rolleyes:

tutusue
December 24th, 2007, 08:57 AM
The tally is complete...

The suspense has been building...

And, after enlisting the aide of a campaign staff, the winner is...

...ABSOLUTCHAOS...

That adorable, young gal captured exactly 50% of the votes...ALL males! Go figure! ;)

Ok, AC...let me know your iTunes choice. And for those of you who might've been concerned...nope, one really won't be on the hook for gift taxes on a $.99-$1.99 item! :D

Pomai
December 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM
See. I knew the (imaginary) Convention Center sidewalk sign-waving campaign for AC would work. Ha ha!

And there were just as many ladies beeping in support as there were guys.

Congrats, AC! Make sure you buy a really good iTunes song!

TutuSue, please list the entire list of contributors in order of votes. I'm most curious where LikaNui placed. His Avatar is hilarious both with or without that Santa Hat. Smokin' Santa baby. lol

tutusue
December 24th, 2007, 09:11 AM
[...]
TutuSue, please list the entire list of contributors in order of votes. I'm most curious where LikaNui placed. His Avatar is hilarious both with or without that Santa Hat. Smokin' Santa baby. lol
Nah...I'm not gonna do that! Don't want anyone's feelings hurt on this, the Eve of Christmas! :D

I will say there were 10 votes, total, and the other 5 were divided evenly!!!

AbsolutChaos
December 24th, 2007, 10:12 AM
The tally is complete...

The suspense has been building...

And, after enlisting the aide of a campaign staff, the winner is...

...ABSOLUTCHAOS...

That adorable, young gal captured exactly 50% of the votes...ALL males! Go figure! ;)

Ok, AC...let me know your iTunes choice. And for those of you who might've been concerned...nope, one really won't be on the hook for gift taxes on a $.99-$1.99 item! :D

Holy cow! You like me! You really like me! :eek:
Thanks, guys! I loved everyone's avatar.
Tutusue, I'll be contacting you soon.
Happy holidays everyone!

LikaNui
December 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I'm most curious where LikaNui placed. His Avatar is hilarious both with or without that Santa Hat. Smokin' Santa baby. lol And it has a Santa beard, too! But none of the credit goes to me -- it goes to the person who added the hat and beard for me... Pomai.
I told him that if I won I'd give the prize to him, so now you voters have made not just one but two grown men cry. :p
Congratulations to AC for her victory!

acousticlady
December 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Congratulations AC. I knew you had it in the bag the moment I saw your avatar.

tutusue
December 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
*bump*

So...where's the 3rd annual holiday avatar contest? :o

My intentions were good but, well, I've had either friends or family (or both!) in town since mid-November and I just now realized I never got around to this year's contest. And no one reminded me. Guess that means everyone's relieved! :D

Maybe I should have an inaugural avatar contest! Stay tuned!

Menehune Man
December 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Here's my 'Holiday Avatar'!
Good for about a week and then will self-destruct. :p

turtlegirl
December 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I submit my avatar - Ninja! She was the sweetest turtle ever! She put up with the freezing winter cold of Los Angeles, and then just as she got a taste of warm climate weather, succumbed to the tire of a car. RIP Ninja. I miss you every day! My sweet sweet turtle girl!

Can we vote in this avatar contest? I would love that! In addition to voting for Ninja, I would vote for cyleet's cow nose avatar, or Glossyp's yawning cat. Because they're CUTE!!!

cyleet99
December 19th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Mahalo, TG! In honor of your vote....but I can't seem to find the Santa hat. Happy Christmas to All!!

tutusue
December 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hmmm...maybe I shoulda done a 3rd annual contest even tho' it seemed too late. Possibly I'll start an inauguration avatar contest when I get back to town and have full use of my computer.

And, yes, turtlegirl, the previous 2 holiday contests included voting and a prize!

Stay tuned!

legal_secretary_in_mtl
December 19th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I love this pic as an AVATAR LOL.. it sooo represents me :D

leashlaws
December 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I submit my avatar - Ninja! She was the sweetest turtle ever! She put up with the freezing winter cold of Los Angeles, and then just as she got a taste of warm climate weather, succumbed to the tire of a car. RIP Ninja. I miss you every day! My sweet sweet turtle girl!

Can we vote in this avatar contest? I would love that! In addition to voting for Ninja, I would vote for cyleet's cow nose avatar, or Glossyp's yawning cat. Because they're CUTE!!!

TG - I'll let glossyP know you like the kitty picture! GP is my BFF:)

turtlegirl
December 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hmmm...maybe I shoulda done a 3rd annual contest even tho' it seemed too late. Possibly I'll start an inauguration avatar contest when I get back to town and have full use of my computer.

And, yes, turtlegirl, the previous 2 holiday contests included voting and a prize!

Stay tuned!

Ummm, does this mean you're not doing the 3rd Annual Holiday Avatar contest? I mean, we can do inauguration, too (and I already have a hilarious idea for that one) but no 3rd annual? Lets do it!! :)

Soooo, we need a volunteer who can recieve and tally the votes. Anybody? I'd say me, but my pm box is full and I'm not sure what to do about that. We could create one of those forum polls, maybe? And we need entries! Start working on those holiday avatars!!

Whaddyall think??

tutusue
December 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Okay...okay (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?p=219595#post219595)!!!