June Jones Talking Smack About Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Jones Talking Smack About Tim Tebow

Tired of his prolific passer being labeled a so-called "system quarterback," Hawaii coach June Jones on Monday pointed to another star quarterback running a system: Florida's Tim Tebow.

Jones said the key difference, however, is that his record-breaking quarterback, Colt Brennan, runs an NFL-style offense while Tebow runs a "college system."

"My quarterback has been labeled a 'system quarterback' for three years," Jones said. "He is the best passer in college history. He is. There is no question about it. Tim Tebow is in a system."

Jones said he has taken a lot of heat for his comments, but there were some people more than happy to hear what he said. "I did get a whole bunch of e-mails and calls from Florida State people that said, 'Thanks for finally saying that."'
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...v=ap&type=lgns

You think he's trying to get Florida fans incensed before UH visits next season? I think this is hillarious!

Re: June Jones Talking Smack About Tim Tebow

RE: June Jones talking "smack" .............. GOOD!

Comment

I think Colt's a system QB, but he has a better shot at the NFL because of the offense he's worked with at UH. Tebow runs a spread offense and flourishes on pure athleticism. However, QBs who run spreads in college tend to not work out so well in the NFL (see Vince Young, Alex Smith, and Rex Grossman). Colt does need to be wary to not go the ways of Andre Ware, Dave Klingler, Dan McGwire, and Major Harris.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
        You think he's trying to get Florida fans incensed before UH visits next season? I think this is hillarious!
        You think that's a good idea, to rile not only the fans but the Gator teams, too?

It's bad enough that UH is going to deal with a very frustrated Georgia Bulldog team, who would like nothing more than to prove everyone why they should have been in the National Championship Title Game.

You want to agitate the Gators to come and spoil the first game of 2008 season with Tyler Graunke calling the shots.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          You think that's a good idea, to rile not only the fans but the Gator teams, too?

It's bad enough that UH is going to deal with a very frustrated Georgia Bulldog team, who would like nothing more than to prove everyone why they should have been in the National Championship Title Game.

You want to agitate the Gators to come and spoil the first game of 2008 season with Tyler Graunke calling the shots.
          I actually think the same as you do, but still think it's hillarious because it's pretty out there in terms of agitating them. I mean, we don't play them for a long time! At the same time, I think that maybe he's doing this to try and harden UH teams for the big time by getting them to play in the loudest, nastiest enviornments. Tough love I guess.

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nal/index.html
            This guy needs some Colt edjumacation.
            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I'm sure Tyler is saying "Thanks, coach. I need that."

Comment

Working...
              X